Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Is there such thing as a license so I could legally own like a fox. And if there is, how can I get one?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh no. You don't want to remove an animal from the wild. That would be cruel and it is against the law.

You can never tame a wild animal. Leave them outside where you can enjoy their beauty and they can enjoy their freedom.

Maybe you should sponsor the foxes at your local zoo and visit them often.

If you must have a fox, here is a link that will give you more information.

http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/fennecfoxes/a/fenne...

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Inter-company agreements may be the sole danger. that would desire to be CIA/Interpol or maybe in basic terms an contract for travelling companies. there is no international hid carry enable. interior the mid 60's, James Bond video clips probable led to this theory.( Him being a worldwide guy of puzzle) on the different hand, there's a Federal regulation handed in June of 2005 interior the U. S. allowing retired/ lively police/military to hold a hid weapon in all 50 States. There are some regulations for particular and ,a minimum of in Illinois, you may qualify consistent with annum and pay a cost of $seventy 5.00 i think of it may nevertheless be clever, if a retired officer became travelling into manhattan,manhattan to have a prearranged contract just to be on the secure element. Federal regulation does enable it, although, each and each state has that's very own qualification technique.

• 1 decade ago

I went to a place once in Michigan where a man was raising Fox and Im not sure what for but he had all these boxes like rabit hutches and in them were fox and their babies. I suppose you would have to have a license because your keeping an animal from nature with you. Good luck in obtaining your license.

• Tom K
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

There are permits available to possess wild animals under certain conditions. All you have to do is find out what those conditions are for where you live and satisfy them.

Foxes are raised for fur in many places, so domestic ones may be easier to come by and require less paperwork.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, contact the Game and Wildlife folks.

• Ahab
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

If they are not protected or endangered you can.

Check with the local fish and game dept.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.