I want to buy a MacGregor 26 sailboat where is the best place to find one?

I have been looking for a MacGregor 26 x or M sailboat for about a month now . I have look on the internet and the boating magazines. I am willing to spend up to 15000 US to find one that suits me. any year 1997 to 2005. does anyone know of a site. I live in Sault ste. Marie Ontario Canada and I'm willing to travel up to 500 miles. thank you

Favorite Answer

Here is some MacGregors for you. They're about 15000 USD, but maybe you'll find a solution with brokers.

1. MacGregor 1995 - http://www.yachtcouncil.com/yacht-info.asp?vessel=...

2. MacGregor 2006 - http://www.yachtcouncil.com/yacht-info.asp?vessel=...

Good Luck!

I surely have a buddy who crossed the Atlantic in a 14' boat. that could be slightly too small for me. in case you opt to circulate an ocean in a small boat it must be a nicely made boat. A MacGregor isn't ok made, or very solid. there's a race called the mini-transat wherein persons race 21' boats around the Atlantic. The boats are outfitted particularly for that purpose yet even a number of them do no longer make it. try beginning out via getting positions as team on different peoples boats. You get a similar journey, see a similar places yet have not got the value or the difficulty. you will circulate extra beneficial, learn extra, and have extra relaxing as team on a nicely run boat.

Please do yourself and everyone else a favor and look for something else. These are an eyesore, they're poorly built, and are a bad excuse for both a powerboat and a sailboat. Most boat owners look upon them and their owners with disdain.

Source(s): Marina & Boatyard manager

Check the web site for Soundings.

MacGregors seem to have a following, but they neither sail nor motor well. There is a group of owners, you might try that group for leads in your area.

• mark t

go on

www.yachtworld.com

you should find one there.