What is there to do in Boston, MA located near the Children's hospital?

I'm taking a trip to Boston and staying right by the Children's hospital. Any good places to shop or any attractions I should visit that are nearby?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Children's is in hospital zone alley.....not much too close but if you walk out of hospital and go left....catch a bus to Kenmore sq....you can go to fenway park, or take green line out to brookline or into downtown and have lots to do. Take a right out of children's up to bus route....go to museum of fine art or to Prudential/Copley sq area.....also on a green line route. Lots of nice cafes and shops on boylston st and great people watching area and next stop up from Prudential is Boston Pops and theater district. Take the T everywhere and if you have time take a Duck Tour from the Prudential Center...lots of laughs....and you may need them especially if you are visiting Children's to tend to a sick child.

Source(s): I am a frequent flyer at Childrens......son has multiple handicaps...
  • 1 decade ago

You are about 10 minutes from Fenway park. Even if you dont go to a game, there's great pubs and restaurants in that area that are worth checking out. From Fenway you can jump on the green line and head to Arlington St stop,which puts you in the Back Bay - Newbury St is where all the boutique shopping is located, Boylston has some cool upscale chain retailers. Hop back on the Green line and get off at Governtment Ctr. Now you are at Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market and the waterfront. Touristy area, but hopping scene. You can stick around there or walk over to the North End (our Little Italy) for a great dinner). When heading back you can either take the T back to the Longwood area or hop in a taxi for about a $10 fare. Longwood/Children's Hospital area itself is mostly hospitals and medical schools...not much to do right where your hotel is, but you're not too far from the action. Have fun.

• Hank
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Not much, really. There is a pretty park that follows along the Fenway (the creek) and there is Fenway Park (the baseball stadium). Across from the latter is one of America's best brewpub restaurants, Boston Beer Works.

In another direction both the Museum of Fine Arts and the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum are within a 10 - 15 minute walk.

Mac1hull is crazy!!! Longwood Avenue is far from being any kind of high crime area.

• 1 decade ago

You can walk to Newbury St in 20 minutes or bus ride for 10 for upscale shopping. A 10 minute subway ride to Government Center/Fanuel Hall. The Isabela Stewart museum is near Childrens hospital. The Fens is a real nice area to walk in both are 5 minutes from Childrens.

In the other direction, Brookline Village is only a 15 minute walk

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Greg's answer notwithstanding, a lot of people think that nowhere in metro Boston has 'reasonable' housing prices. Anyway, do check first in the Longwood area of Brookline, within walking distance of your job.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Unfortunately Children's Hospital is located on Longwood Ave which is one of Boston's 'high crime' areas.

You can easily grab a Trolley on the Green Line and make any connection at Park Street Station.

Boston is a very walkable city, just stay away from the crime zones (Roxbury, Mattapan 'Murderpan', North Dorchester, and Longwood Ave.). Boston has tons of museums, restaraunts, and theaters.

Source(s): I'm a life long resident of Boston, Massachusetts.
  • daisy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Well it's right off the green line at two stops, one on the D line of the green line, and one at the E line of the green line. I'd suggest going to the MFA, which is a short ride up the E street line, or a short walk, or you could go a little further and go to Copley or Kenmore square and I'm sure there'd be alot of neat restaurants and shops you'd like. I'd just make sure you'd go during the day, or go with a group of friends at night to be safe.

• 1 decade ago

Take a tour of Fenway!! It's the oldest ballpark in America and so much fun. It's an hour long. It's pretty cheap too $12 for adults. Here's the link =) www.redsox.com/tours

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Boston is actually a small city and almost all of its attractions are just a short subway ride. Don't try to drive in Boston.

They have a great sci. museum, children museum, aquarium, fanell hall.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.