WW II were the most important events leading to the acceptance of plate tectonic theory.?

I propose that the technological advances associated with WW II were the most important events leading to the acceptance of plate tectonic theory. Any takers to agree or disagree? SUPPORT YOUR OPINION using evidence from the text or other sources.

Favorite Answer

SUPPORT YOUR OPINION using evidence from the text or other sources.

________________________________________________

This seems like a cut-and-pasted question from a class your are taking....

The answer is yes, but you need to know why for yourself so I suggest you look it up.

Most Christians, including the roman catholic church and most orthodox faiths have accepted the earth is several billion years old, accept plate tectonics, basic evolutionary theory, etc. they just believe humans are a special animal that has been touched by gods divine spark (eg: humans have a soul, that doesn't evolve that's the work of god.) Pretty much the only people who contest that are the young earth creationists (intelligent design), they believe the earth is >10k years old and that science is entirely wrong about evolution, etc. Most Christians don't have views that conflict with evolution or rather, their CHURCHES don't have views that conflict with evolution and they've never really thought about it. The exception is your fundamentalists and evangelicals for the most part, although I'm sure even in those groups there are some who don't buy the YEC "theories" (and I use that word very very loosely.)