promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Fixing broken number plate?

Someone backed into the front of my car at night and the number is broken in half. Where can i go to get it fixed and how much will it cost me?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nice of them! Not worth repairing. You can get new ones from Halfords, about a tenner, take your registration document & proof of ID. In the meantime, if the bits have fallen off stick 'em together with sellotape & plonk it on your dashboard.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Replacement Number Plates Halfords

• 4 years ago

You can only move the plate from a vehicle that is taxed and MOPTed which means insured too. No way round it, so fix the moped or lose the plate

• 1 decade ago

Hi Big J. Many accessory shops make No. plates while-u-wait, or within an hour. I had a pair made about 6 moths ago and it cost me about a tenner (for the pair).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You can get new ones in halfords any shop like that will do it there not dear about a tenner a pair , just stick your broken one in the back window until you get them replaced , you wont be pulled over by the cops then.

• 1 decade ago

A new one

• 1 decade ago

Unlucky,just replace,gk's,motormania,halfords,wilco,cost roughly £10's each.

• 1 decade ago

You need your log book and proof of address, take it to Halfords, open until 8pm along with about £15 and they'll sort it for you, they might even put it on.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can try and get someone to fix it but it would probably be just as cheap to go down to Hallfords and get a new one.

Source(s): Experience.
  • 1 decade ago

I bought new plates a couple of weeks ago from www.pl84u.com. I ordered them one day and received them in the post the next day...and they are mega cheap..!

Hope it helps, good luck.

Source(s): I ordered some myself - so 'experience' of being in the same boat!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.