Fixing broken number plate?

Someone backed into the front of my car at night and the number is broken in half. Where can i go to get it fixed and how much will it cost me?

Favorite Answer

Nice of them! Not worth repairing. You can get new ones from Halfords, about a tenner, take your registration document & proof of ID. In the meantime, if the bits have fallen off stick 'em together with sellotape & plonk it on your dashboard.

Replacement Number Plates Halfords

You can only move the plate from a vehicle that is taxed and MOPTed which means insured too. No way round it, so fix the moped or lose the plate

Hi Big J. Many accessory shops make No. plates while-u-wait, or within an hour. I had a pair made about 6 moths ago and it cost me about a tenner (for the pair).

You can get new ones in halfords any shop like that will do it there not dear about a tenner a pair , just stick your broken one in the back window until you get them replaced , you wont be pulled over by the cops then.

A new one

Unlucky,just replace,gk's,motormania,halfords,wilco,cost roughly £10's each.

You need your log book and proof of address, take it to Halfords, open until 8pm along with about £15 and they'll sort it for you, they might even put it on.

You can try and get someone to fix it but it would probably be just as cheap to go down to Hallfords and get a new one.

Source(s): Experience.

I bought new plates a couple of weeks ago from www.pl84u.com. I ordered them one day and received them in the post the next day...and they are mega cheap..!

Hope it helps, good luck.

Source(s): I ordered some myself - so 'experience' of being in the same boat!