I am searching for an older book called, I believe "Schneewiitchenund other fracture fairy tales mein grosvat

This was a "humorous" book written in the 1960's I think. I also think that the title was something like SchneeWiitchen (Viitchen) und other Tales mein Grosvater told me". It was sort of "Fractured German/English" and the story I am looking for was about Snow White or Cinderella. I do not know the author.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

It was, for a then teen-ager w/a Gerrman grandmother, very funny. Thank you for any help anyone could give.

• Favorite Answer

They are by Dave Morrah. Here are the titles I found. Maybe Snow White was in one of the books, because I didn't find a separate title listed.

Cinderella Hassenpfeffer, and other tales mein Grossfader told (1948)

Who ben kaputen der robin? Mein Grossfader's rhymers und fable tellen (1960)

Heinrich Schnibble : and even more tales mein Grossfader told (1955)

Der Wizard in Ozzenland; mein Grossfader's rhymers und fable tellen (1962)

Alice in Wunderbarland, and further tales and poems mein Grossfader told (1957)

Here 'tis. The quote below is from the cited source. Unfortunately, Abebooks doesn't have either it, or the previous book, presumably "Tales Mein Grossfader Told," so you'll be a while finding it. Everyone knows David Morrah's dogcatcher, a barkenpantensniffersnatcher, but no one knows Morrah's name. He's just 'the guy who used to write for the "Saturday Evening Post",' which is correct, as far as it goes. Morrah's narrator was Heinrich Schnibble, and that was what led me to the answer.

Here's the book's description...

1955 Heinrich Schnibble and Even More Tales Mein Grossfader Told. By David Morrah, with drawings by the author. NY: Rinehart and Co. $5 at Drusilla's, Baltimore, Nov., '91.

There is one fable in this collection: "Der Goosen mit der Golden Eggers" (27). When the man opens the goose up, he finds lots of eggs and suddenly becomes a millionaire! I also enjoyed the rendition of "Max Beth."

ME AGAIN! Guess what I just found on Abebooks:

Cinderella Hassenpfeffer,: And other tales mein Grossfader told; Dave Morrah

Bookseller: Experienced Books, LLC (Colton, CA, U.S.A.)

Bookseller Rating: 4-star rating

I don't think Y!A wants me listing prices here, but the price is right.

Heinrich Schnibble

I found Snow White. It's in German & English

There are no matches for the title, or fragments of it, on Google.

• apple

Maybe you could try this site for some help :

http://www.whatsthatbook.com/

Hope this helps and good luck.