Who is the best author for a teen girl?

Joseph Addison? James Agree? Margaret Atwood? Francis Bacon? James Baldwin? G.K. Chesterson? Joan Didion? Ralph Waido Emerson? Paul Fussel? Mavis Gallant? Nadine Gordimer? EdwardHoagland? Zora Neale Hurston? Jamaica Kincaid? Charels Lamb? Norman Mailer? Nancy Mairs? Mary McCarthy? N. Scott Momaday? Montaigne? V.S. Naipaul? Tillie Olsen? George Orwell? Cynthia Ozick? Ishmael Reed? Adrienne Rich? Mordecai? Richler? Sharman Apt Russel? Scott Russel Sanders? Richard Selzer? Richard Steele? Shelby Steele? Henry David Thoreau? John Updike? Alice Walker?Eudora Welty? E.B. White? Terry Tempest Williams? Virginia Woolf?

She has to read one of the suggested authors for school

Favorite Answer

Margaret Atwood

or

George Orwell

and also

L.M.Alcott

Jeez, maybe you ought to change schools (or at least classes). Sounds like they're coming up with a list of invitees for a Boredom Festival. Just about everyone on that list is a stiff (I mean, even the ones who are still alive)--are they trying to get people to read or discourage them from ever reading again? There are some names I've never heard of...maybe they're alright (but judging from the others, I doubt it). The only thing I would recommend would be Updike's short story, "A & P" (but none of the rest of his stuff--all of which is like a sleeping pill in paper form).

Carolyn Mackler. Her book The Earth My Butt and Other Big Round Things has won almost every Young Adult award there is. She has a new book coming out very soon. Your list is a very impressive one, but unless you are a very advanced reader, I would say most of them are rather sophisticated for a teen girl. Margaret Atwood?? Thoreau?? Virginia Woolf? Emerson? Welty? Intense reads for a young girl. Check out Carolyn Mackler. She is wonderful for girls. Very positive message. Pax- X

A Room of One's Own

by Virginia Woolf

In A Room of One's Own, Virginia Woolf imagines that Shakespeare had a sister: a sister equal to Shakespeare in talent, equal in genius, but whose legacy is radically different.This imaginary woman never writes a word and dies by her own hand, her genius unexpressed. But if only she had found the means to create, urges Woolf, she would have reached the same heights as her immortal sibling. In this classic essay,Virginia Woolf takes on the establishment, using her gift of language to dissect the world around her and give a voice to those who have none. Her message is simple: A woman must have a f ixed income and a room of her own in order to have the freedom to create.

That's quite a list. I haven't heard of most of those names and I thought I was pretty well read. However, Henry David Thoreau is familiar and his book Walden is something every educated person should read.

A user above said J.K. Rowling, THANK YOU. That should have been at the top of your list. Another one, Christopher Pike

Meg Cabot books are really hilarious and I always pick one up when I find one-I love em. Sarah Dessen is really good too, but if they have to be on that list, then pssh. i got nothin.

Though I do not approve of 'teen girl' books, Meg Cabot was wonderful.

Does it matter that you're a teenage girl?...just read some Kurt Vonnegut books...

• i would also like to add J.K Rowling because her books are AMAZING!! but you could also try Sarah Dessen, her books are really good too.