Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

Spe.atdmt.com? Being hacked again?

In Firefox, I have been getting a box that says

"you have attempted to establish a connection with "spe.atdmt.com". However. the security certificate presented belongs to "a248.e.akamai.net". It is possible, that someone is trying to intercept your communication.

Have all new anti spy, virus, key logger, etc on. Is this something new or just ads?

Favorite Answer

I am no computer expert but what the message you're getting is trying to tell you that even though you think you are connecting to spe.atdmt.com the site is actually a248.e.akamai.net. It happened to me not long ago. if you copy the address onto your browser instead of clicking on it you will see that it takes you to a very different site.

I've had this happen also, but nothing has ever come of it. If you have all of the anti spyware and firewalls, etc., it should be OK? I really do think they are just ads trying to scare you into buying something new. I just ignore them and they go a way.