VERY VERY ANGRY MOTHER!!! bogus CNA school St Augustine Educational Services?

My 16 y/o son wanted a better job and so took an online CNA course from this school. He completed the course which costs

$676 which HE paid for himself. He did this so he could work this summer WHILE taking it. He was sent a certificate of completion but no certificate number for the state registry even though it said they were accredited. He did this all on his own to show us he could do it. We are unable to reach them by phone and they do not return emails. If anyone knows what options I have please tell me. I will NOT rest until something is DONE!!!! There is one payment left and we sent an email saying this will be held until they contact us. I will be contacting the BBB and whoever else I can to put a STOP to this! If you know anything about this PLEASE tell me! Thank you!

this was the site

http://nursingassistant.us/

I have already contacted the BBB in my state and will contact everyone else as this is a very lucrative ongoing business for this "school".....NOT FOR LONG!!

Best Answer

I would contact the Attorney General office in both your state and Florida (hopefully that is the address that they have, since St. Augustine is in Florida), and see if either of them can help you. You might end up finding however, that your name will be added a long (and probably growing) list of others who have been scammed.

• alwin

St Augustine Nursing School

• CoachT

OK, what I'm going to write here may not make you a happy camper but here it is.

On reviewing the site for St Augustine, I don't see anywhere that it says their program will qualify one for a state registry as a nursing assistant.

I don't see where they say this is a CNA (certified nursing assistant) program - they say they will issue a Nursing Assistant Certificate (which you write that they did) and not that they will qualify you for any state certification.

While they do write that they are accredited, I can't find by what agency. Accreditation doesn't imply that you'll qualify for certification though. Depending upon which agency issues the accreditation, it may not imply anything at all.

It's very possible that he learned more than $676 worth of information in this program. It seems to me that this school has done exactly what they said they'd do. It's possible that you and your son have read more into what they promised than what they really did.

A nurses aid/assistant (we used to call them orderly) doesn't require any certifications generally. That is a different thing than a CNA (certified nursing assistant). Remaining open minded when you consider this question - did he just finish a program to train "nursing assistants" or "certified nursing assistants"?

St. Augustine has an address on their web page as being in Atlanta Ga. You can contact the Ga. state board of education to register your complaint and they will investigate.

Source(s): bottom line is, they showed you a chicken, you thought it was a duck and bought it, now you want a duck. But they never offered you a duck to start with, they said chicken all the time.
  • Jana

I am sorry your son was taken, but unfortunately many bogus companies have set up shop and are ripping innocent people off all the time. Most of the time you send a check to a post office box # or a suite #. They most of the time only have a phone there and a person stops by to erase the overabundance of nasty messages. Report the theft to your local police and contact the States Attorney Generals office to report it to them as well. Contacting the BBB is always an option, but they probably already know about the bogus company.

Goodluck!!!

I don't think a 16 year old can even legally work as a nursing aid. Definitely contact the BBB and maybe they can help get his money back. sounds like a scam. Good luck

Their address is in Georgia.