Laying ceramic tile on linoleum?

Does anyone know if I can lay ciramic tile over the dull worn out linoleum floor in my kitchen? I don't want to peel up the linolium because of the insane amount of labor it will take, and make the sub floor un even. any suggestions? Will tiles still stick to this material?

Thanks!
Update: Things I should point out... The room is about 20x12, and the floor is quite level. I plan to screw down the flooring better, to the joists because there are some squeeky spots. The linoleum is insanley tough to remove. I already did a small area, and it just shreds and rips, leaving bumps and imperfections a... show more Things I should point out...
The room is about 20x12, and the floor is quite level. I plan to screw down the flooring better, to the joists because there are some squeeky spots.
The linoleum is insanley tough to remove. I already did a small area, and it just shreds and rips, leaving bumps and imperfections a plenty.