Im turning 18 later this month and I wanted to go get my drivers license. Is a permit required?

If I don't have a permit will they make me take that and then wait 6 months to get my license or what? by the way, I live in the state of missouri. What do you think?

Best Answer

It is probably like every other state in that you have to have a permit license for so long before getting your actual license. If were you I would go to www.dmv.org and click on your state and see how they handle it.

if your going to turn 18, there is no need for a permit. As soon as you turn 18 you need to go for a driver license any ways. No point in making 2 trips to the DMV, because there really are some rude people working there. And the 6 month after permit thing to get a license thing only applys if you are under 18. I got my permit at the near the end of senior year, and then passed the driver license test 1 month later.

I live in Texas so I'm not sure if this applies to you, but I hope it helps. My friend just turned 21 and he went to go get his drivers license. Well, he had to take the parental class to get it, but now he just has his permit and has to wait 6 more months. I think that you have to have a permit before you get your license no matter what age you start at. If you really want to know contact your local dps office and they should tell you the process of getting a license. Good luck

I think the state of Missouri is confused. You have to learn how to drive first, and take a test.