Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

HALF TRUTH: Illegal aliens pay taxes that benefit the economy?

TRUTH: Most illegal aliens do not receive a typical paycheck with tax deductions -- they are paid in cash and do not pay taxes. Even when they do pay taxes (only possible if they use fraudulent social security numbers or government assigned ID tax numbers), their meager income is not enough to pay for medical expenses and all the expenses for all the children they give birth to. You don't have to look at statistics -- just visit the maternal ward at the L.A. county hospital. There, illegal immigrant women are having thousands of children per year free of charge and can't afford them once they give birth, and that doesn't stop them from having even more children -- most learn how to work the system so that they receive cash assistance and food stamps.

A basic principle in economics is this: The more people that assimilate into the system the better -- if it creates a larger tax base. But here in California it hasn't. For example, the feds had to bail out the L.A. County hospital system several years ago and the county hospitals are now again headed for another crisis. The evidence shows that the net results are that illegal immigrants cost the taxpayer significantly more than they pay in taxes.

What do you think?

Best Answer

Illegals paying taxes is NOT a half truth. IT'S A LIE! Typically the illegals are either paid under the table or they stole a citizen's ID. A little sales tax and property taxes through their rent do little to benefit the economy!

When taxpayers are shelling out BILLIONS each year for the 20 to 30 million illegals, that's proof that they don't benefit the economy!

Source(s): you may not like my statements but they are based on facts, not emotion

Even if they pay taxes, we still loose. Reason being they claim so many dependents at the end of the year, they get everything back they paid in and then our brilliant government subsidizes them with several thousand more dollars due to the fact they are considered poverty level. Then they also qualify for food stamps, health and free school lunches. So its a loose, loose situation for the tax payers. A win, win, situation for the guy that hires them.

This is what most people do not understand when they say, "well at least they will be paying taxes." Even if they do, they don't.... because they get everything they paid, back,

plus!

I would like a link that says that "most" are not receiving a typical paycheck. I don't doubt that in a lot of areas they are. Here, in the midwest, in factories, they do. I am curious, though, do you have a link to this????????

Personally, i do taxes for several (a Lot) of undocumented every year, so, here, I know they are paying through checks, receiving W2s, and, filing.

And about two-thirds of them have Social Security and Medicare automatically withheld, and yeah I guess since their social security numbers are fake they aren't able to claim those benefits, and since 1996 they haven't been able to get Medicaid benefits, or food stamps or housing assistance for that matter. In fact it's estimated that illegal immigrants contribute on the order of billions of dollars to federal tax revenues.

I don't think 1/2 of them pay taxes

I agree. THey do not really pay income taxes. They are either paid off the books, are they use stolen/fraudulent SS #s, and claim a dozen exemptions to reduce their withholding to practically nil. And then dont file income taxes. I don't know about you but my largest tax obligation is -- by far -- state and national income tax.

Yes they pay sales tax on what they buy. But this is the smallest piece of anyone's tax bill.

Excellent work on bringing to light all these Half truths Gabriel.

You speak the truth man.

If we switch to the Fair Tax, they WILL pay taxes, just like everyone else... when they purchase something.

• Frank

Well, in states like CA, at least they pay sales tax on goods and services they purchase, to an extent that includes rent to landlords as well, and many most likely contribute to their local church organizations if they attend.

Truth. I think you should ask a question.

why do you never post sources?