Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

“No Child left behind” means what; to whom?

• alana
    Favorite Answer

It means that kids are learning what bubble to fill in and schools in desperate need of help are being refused any. Teachers have no freedom to teach the proper curriculum and our children are actually learning less and less.

Punish the teachers. Over test the students. Make me pull my child out of public school and send him to private.

Uh, creationism has nothing to do with my pulling my child out. Failing a child who cannot write in complete sentences at the end of kindergarten is why I pulled him out.

The entire focus of my curriculum is 'pass the test'. My job depends on a certain percent of students passing the test. It doesn't matter if they understand or learn.

No Child Left Behind really means "every child left behind".

If an airline ran their business as "no passenger left behind" would a flight ever arrive on time?

And for "biology teacher" who sent her kid to private school, that's the actual goal of the program. It's designed to destroy public school so that parents will send their kids to private (i.e. religious) school. If they can't get creationism into the schools, they'll get your kid to go to the creationism.

Means lowering our standards because it would hurt the egos of our children if we expected greatness out of them.

Causing stupididty as we speak.

Good in theory, but as usual, our government manages to screw everything up somehow

the American kids of all races are being left behind while illegal kids are being educated. our kids are suffering at our expense. I'm tired of kids who can't talk or understand english getting the teachers full attention while American kids are getting the shaft. this year i plan on saying something about it, if they don't change their policy i will be seeing a lawyer.

To me, it means that after I finish shopping at Wal Mart, I make sure I've got all the kids.

faked school records keeping some poor little child that cant read and wont learn from be failed until he does learn to read and write and do ciphers

It means more money in some politician's pocket.

• Moose

dum dum, your name says it all!

A good idea gone bad, and who's idea was this? Blame Bush? No, it was a Ted Kennedy sponsered bill, but it flopped just as Hillary care did.

To the dyslexic and perverted Republicans in office, it means "No Child's Behind Left."

Source(s): See, "Mark Foley."