Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

People always say, "...as far as I know!" -- So I ask, How far do you know?

I mean... How far CAN one really know? ;-)

<<<<<<<<<<< cosmic love >>>>>>>>>>>

Favorite Answer

About as far as one can tell! (hehe)

I only know as far as the distance between the beginning of my knowledge and the end, followed by the extra distance of how far open my mind is.

How long is a piece of string?

Seth, the energy personality essence that spoke through Jane Roberts (The Seth Material, Seth Speaks...) said, "You are gods in chemical clothes."

In physical terms, my knowing is as far as my mind chooses to be limited by my brain. This is physicality, a "partnership" of mind/brain...we are free to act as limited as we like, as long as we insist on playing this game or dreaming this dream, and choose to not wake up. Our knowledge is as vast as we are, beneath our ideas of limit.

I believe the Christ said we are gods, as well...

The things I know for certain are of little consequence. The things I believe to be true map my reality like shifting desert sands.

When someone use the term AFAIK, they usually mean "I don't know but i will make an educated guess"

For example, AFAIK you are looking for a more profound answer to your question since you've posted this in R&S!

AFAIK, I only know as far as my mind allow me to.

That's the point.....at the moment of responding one can only answer as far as they know. You may know far more tomorrow.

My best distance, adjusted for windage, is about 7'3".

Oh, wait . . . I'm guessing you didn't mean an *actual* p***ing contest, right? :-P

In that case . . . only as far as the next scholarly revelation, newer evidence, or blindingly ecstatic experience of my deities.

All things can be known, and one of those things is that nothing can be known. Knowingness is subjectively created out of Nothingness, and in Nothingness there is nothing to know.

Yes, it's quite odd.

Abandoning false speech, he abstains from false speech; he speaks truth, adheres to truth, is trustworthy and reliable, one who is no deceiver of the world.

-Majjhima Nikaya

O let us live in joy, although having nothing! In joy let us live like spirits of light!

-Buddha

Let us "sip"

Namaste

Peace and Love

Since I am a student, I can go only as far as my Teacher.

Only if one remains a student, can one go or know far.

(((Unity)))

Source(s): so says a small insignificant Sufi student

As far as I can comfortably spit a politician.