do republicans even stand a chance in '08?

With 70%+ against iraq and the president can republicans distance themselves far enough from the president without becoming democrats? So far poll numbers say nay and so does fundraising.

Best Answer

Yes, they do. In face to face polls, Guiliani beats Clinton. Game over.

• If the candidate is Obama probably not. If it's Hilary, then it'll be a tough campaign and I don't think Dems will win. There are a lot of impassioned Hilary haters among moderates and even some within the party don't like her.

If the contest is "Hilary vs. GOP guy" then it becomes a matter of "Do I want to 'send a message' more than I hate Hilary?"

Don't interpret this as being my solid GOP support...I loathe the top candidates right now for GOP. As a conservative who favors strong borders none of the Top 4 are to my liking honestly...

I hope not, but yes, they have a chance as long as the electoral college decide who will be the president. The south just have too many electoral votes and they will decide the winner. Too bad they're still living in the past.

They will not win in 08' by default. Both of the Dem's nomination candidates are horrible. Obama and Clinton will get nowhere. I just hope the republican president has thick skin and the will to fix things.

Yes, just look at the approval rating for the Dem controlled Congress. Do you think with an approval rating that low the Dems have a chance. No way in hell. they will lose and then claim that the election was stolen again. Same old crap...nothing new!

If it's Obama, nope. If it's Hillary, they might win, which is why I strongly believe that the Dems will nominate Obama. Now, if the GOP is smart, they'll nominate Ron Paul, he might save them.

God I hope so, the alternative is Hillary, and I'd rather take 1000 doses of Chemo.

TEA, I am sorry to hear that you have had to endure cancer therapy as well. I have had the whole range myself just about. IL II/ Alpha interferon, RF Ablation, Embolization, Radiation, you can pretty much name it, over the last seven years, I've had it. Also, no joke. I would go through 1000 Chemo treatments if I though it would save this country from a Hillary Clinton Presidency.

The only candidate that can win for the GOP is Ron Paul.

I hope so...Bush has made his mistakes but I believe he did better than anyone esle could have done in his shoes. And right now this country needs a strong leader who will keep this country standing tall.

I have to sadly say, no. I hope *hope in italics* that the Reps will win, but I highly doubt it, since now the house is full of Dems. I really, really, really don't want Obama and/or Clinton, but hey, what can I do about it?