best beginner tattoo kit?

i am a decorative painter/ muralist, and i would like to learn to tattoo. i am not interested in doing it professionally, but i would like to be able to do my own tattoos and my husbands. is there a beginners kit that you would recommend and any literature that would be helpful? any other tips?

hey guys, ive been a professioanl painter/artist for over 13 years. i would not apply a tattoo unless i was sure i knew what i was doing and was sure it would turn out perfectly. i want to learn the right way to do it....i just dont want to do it for everyone else. its for me

nevermind.

Favorite Answer

no. i would recommend you leave it up to the professionals to do. otherwise you and your husband will have some crappy work to look at forever on your bodies.

ETA- even if you are a great artist, that doesn't naturally translate into tattooing. My husband is an artist, went to school for fine arts, and he still had to learn from an expert about how to tattoo. He'll be an apprentice for two years. It's a skilled trade, not something you can just do for fun.

Source(s): my husband is a tattoo artist

Starter Tattoo Kits

Hey I have been tattooing now for about 6 years and I too was a painter. Its all art and if you love art and are good at it then DO IT !!! get a kit and draw on paper with pensel at the end ( instead of a nedel and tip ) to get the hang of the wight . Get pig skin to practice depth . then skin .. ( you need good ink that is the the key thing ) it dose not matter so much about the gun .. as long as the guns coils are good then you are good. good ink to use that all the shops in nc use is Star Bright , Mammas , ( good bright colors with high pigment ) and Kuro sumi ( for good blacks and grey wash ) . good luck and don't let people bring you down . if you love art then do it like i said . i work out of a shop now but worked out of my house the first 3 years . good luck

It's great that you are a skilled painter and muralist. My husband is a tattoo artist and I see everyday someone for a cover up. A custom tattoo artist will make it personal for you and give you a tattoo to be proud of. Try going to www.tattooartists.org and you will find a great custom artist.

Source(s): husband is a custom tattoo artist
  • thea

1000's of Tattoo Designs & Ideas

Beginners Tattoo Kit

1- Professional TTS Cutback Liner Tattoo Machine

1- MW 2 Amp Power Supply (110 volts)

1- Footswitch Treadlite (Square)

1- Clipcord Standard Spring Type

6- Millennium Tattoo Inks in Assorted Colors Consisting of: Ice Blue (1oz), Montly Red (1oz), Brown Sugar (1oz), Black Onyx (2oz), Hello Yellow (1oz), Power White (1oz)

5- Round Shader Needles

5- Round Liner Needles

2- Disposable Tubes, Tips and Grips

100- #9 Small Ink Caps

1- Ink Cup Holder (Plastic)

1- 1/2oz Tube of Bacitracin

Available in 110V (USA) and 220V (International) power

This Beginners Tattoo Kit 2 Includes:

1- MW 2 Amp Power Supply (110 volts)

1- Footswitch Treadlite (square)

1- Clipcord Standard Spring Type

5- Round Shader Needles

5- Round Liner Needles

2- Disposable Tubes, Tips and Grips

6- Millennium Tattoo Assorted Colors Consisting of: Ice Blue (1oz), Monthly Red (1oz), Brown Sugar (1oz), Black Onyx (1oz), Hello Yellow (1oz), Power White (2oz), Black Onyx (2oz)

1- Cidex Plus (Quart)

100- #9 Small Ink Caps

1- Ink Cap Holder (plastic)

1- 1/2oz Tube of Bacitracin

Seriously, do not do it yourself! It takes years to become even competent as a custom tattoo artist. If you are trying to save money, you will spend more on proper equipment than most tattoos. If you are trying to make it more personal, just design your own unique tattoos.

Source(s): I have spent about two thousand dollars covering up my bad ametuer tats. I now have lots of really nice ones, but it would have been easier to go straight to those.

Beginners Tattoo Kit

ya ll are a bunch of assholes. she clearly said she wants to learn. how the **** do you think tattoo artists became tattoo artists, by LEARNING, DUH. you dumb *****. smh. do your thing girl.