Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are some torrent downloading tips?

I read that it's best to have more seeders and less leechers but also to have a good seeder to peer ratio. Where can I search based on seeder/peer ratio I can't find out until I'm downloading and if it doesn't work I have to do it all over again with a new file. Any tips on all aspects of downloading torrents and getting good speed and I want to share torrents but I don't know how. Do I have to keep the torrent file that I used to download the movie, song, etc?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I use ISOhunt or The Pirate Bay the both show you how many seeds and leeches a torrent has before you download it. The more seeds the better. Once you finish downloading you can delete the torrent file unless you want to share the wealth and let peers continue to leach the file from you.

• 1 decade ago

Mininova, ISOhunt and Pirate bay all show how many seeders and leechers there are on a torrent before you download. These numbers will be approximate because they are whnever the site last checked which can be anything from an hour to a few days ago.

To share the torrent just keep the files in the same place and leave it running. It will automatically be sharing.

If you meant you want to repost the torrent on another site then you'll need to see that sites rules and instructions as well as the instructions for your software.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.