Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesAcura · 1 decade ago

Acura Navigation System - Disk Read Error?

I have a question regarding a 1999 Acura 3.2 TL. The navigation system has a read error (unformatted). I am thinking that the hard drive has finally failed. Do you know where I can get a replacement hard drive? I looked on the Acura website, and there is no help. (They only seem to have DVD navigation system updates.) I would also appreciate if the new hard drive would be updated. I would also like to know how much it would cost. Thanks in advance for all your help.

If you need anymore information, just ask, and I will post more details. I look forward to reading your answers.

Favorite Answer

Sounds like your hard drive did fail. But here's a few troubleshooting steps before you go and get a replacement,hopfully it works. Before you disconnect the battery terminals, make sure you have the navigation security code and radio codes because this first step you need to disconnect both pos. and neg. battery wires. Once both battery wires are disconnected, touch both pos. and neg. wires together away from the battery . Leave disconnected for 15 min. to let the system initialize and restart itself. After 15 min. reconnect the battery wires and enter the nav code and let it reboot itself,it takes another 15 mintues. If it still reads disc error, eject the disk and wipe clean and load it again and see if it starts up to the disclaimer screen. If it still read disk error your hard drive is done and they cost around $800 for a reman from the dealer.

2003 Acura Mdx Navigation System

• liana

Acura Navigation

You better go to a Honda/ Acura dealer.

I have a drive with NY/NJ/DC/MD/VA/PA area in it. Since I don't have the car anymore, I would be willing to sell it you. Sorry, I do not have the software for other regions or I would have loaded it for you.

go to the Acura dealer for replacement parts

its probably just the nav disk. what version do you have. i might have a extra one laying around you could try.

i would not mind selling you my drive (its a replacement that i bought from navhelp.com) for $130, you can get it from me for $60........its a compactflashcard in a pcmcia adapter.....its 7 months used...but works like a charm.........let me know if you are interested.......

• Scott H3 years agoReport

Anyone stil have a disc or drive available? CHEAP!!!! Kanex5002@yahoo.com please

Its your hard drive it needs to be replaced

You can buy them here www.navhelp.com