Why haven't we attacked Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria or other countries from whence terrorists come?

Yesterday, this common argument was put forward to me from the wife of a Serviceman. It's a valid question, particularly as few Americans have much knowledge of any of these countries. This argument is usually made against the US invasion of Iraq, as it was yesterday. In my last article, "Terrorists... show more Yesterday, this common argument was put forward to me from the wife of a Serviceman. It's a valid question, particularly as few Americans have much knowledge of any of these countries. This argument is usually made against the US invasion of Iraq, as it was yesterday.

In my last article, "Terrorists and the Countries of Origin", (again I gain nothing from my blog), I examine the case for and against military action in those countries as well as the basis for the invasion of Iraq. I point out some of the reasons it was the wrong place but also the reasons it was important.

In the article preceding it,, "From the Mouths of Protestors", I expose those here that spew hatred for our troops as well as their mission.

War on Terror Blog©2007, http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-DfkctJU7d...
No politics. Just the groundtruth from a combat veteran of both fronts in this war based on experience, independent research, and historical study.
Update: Dr Watson: very insightful answer. Babak: interesting answer coming from an Iranian. I look forward to reading more of your Q&A. Your government is less supportive of OBL and AQ but is very supportive of Hezbollah and the Mehdi Militia (JAM-Iraq) and while you may not believe Hezbollah to be terrorists, they... show more Dr Watson: very insightful answer.

Babak: interesting answer coming from an Iranian. I look forward to reading more of your Q&A. Your government is less supportive of OBL and AQ but is very supportive of Hezbollah and the Mehdi Militia (JAM-Iraq) and while you may not believe Hezbollah to be terrorists, they in fact do practice that tactic, including the bombing of Al-Khobar towers in Saudi Arabia.
Update 2: Alibaba: When your neighbor is beating your kids to death (9/11), it is your duty to protect your kids.

When your neighbor is beating someone elses kids to death (Saddam) it is your moral obligation to help those kids that cannot help themselves.
Update 3: ConRanger: You obviously did not read the article before answering, which is fine, so long as you edit your answer after reading it. While I do not address the issue of over-extension nor even the stateside politics of it, the question was asked in fact yesterday by a servicemans wife, and the article quotes... show more ConRanger: You obviously did not read the article before answering, which is fine, so long as you edit your answer after reading it.

While I do not address the issue of over-extension nor even the stateside politics of it, the question was asked in fact yesterday by a servicemans wife, and the article quotes that YA answer as well as answers that question. I do hope that she happens by this question and reads the article as well as giving me direction to add her screenname to it, but until then, I will not.

No, I am not espousing opening up a new war against all of these nations, though one of them might need consideration.
Update 4: Marine: Thank you for covering the flank (my 6). You make valid points which I did not in regards to why we are currently not posturing for a new front in the war. My article goes more into why we did not attack those countries as opposed to Iraq and why Iraq was or was not the correct choice in enemies. ... show more Marine: Thank you for covering the flank (my 6). You make valid points which I did not in regards to why we are currently not posturing for a new front in the war.

My article goes more into why we did not attack those countries as opposed to Iraq and why Iraq was or was not the correct choice in enemies. There are points to be made on both sides of that issue.

While your arguments are correct, I would also point out that we have fought (I would argue fairly successful given our enemy) this war without increasing the size of our military, imposing a draft and while we decreased taxes and revenues are up with the budget deficit down.

That is evidence that we have a LOT of reserve if it weren't for the political situation in the US which is the result of a poor definition of our war and enemy.

My advise to the guy responsible for that is: Never let the opposition define your position. Define it yourself and do it well, with plenty of facts.