Can a wireless router be connected to a wired router to make a wireless connection?

Here is the deal, my landlord has all of the apartments set up on a wired router but I would like to have wireless. I am wondering if I can somehow attach a wireless linksys router i have to the cat5 cable coming in through the floor and make my apartment wireless. I have a desktop computer and my boyfriend laptop... show more Here is the deal, my landlord has all of the apartments set up on a wired router but I would like to have wireless. I am wondering if I can somehow attach a wireless linksys router i have to the cat5 cable coming in through the floor and make my apartment wireless. I have a desktop computer and my boyfriend laptop that I would like to be wireless. Please help, the other answers didn't seem to answer my specific problem. THankyou. The landlord is not willing to replace the "more secure" router downstairs with a wireless one.