Marie J asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What's the best way to gain weight?

Ok, I have a serious problem keeping weight on. Right now, I weight 96lbs. Thats sick! I just had a baby 6 months ago!!!!! I dropped to 105 within one month after delivery.... I have a big problem with nausea, which poses the problem of me not eating enough. I really want to gain some weight, I feel like those celebs in the tabliods that are disgustingly skinny. I really can't stand people calling me anerexic, and belemic (is that how you spell it?). I actually eat quite a lot when I'm hungry. Is there anything I can do to help myself gain some weight, and keep it on? And battle the nausea?

Make no mistake, I am NOT anerexic OR belemic. And if it was as simple as just eating more, I wouldn't be asking this question. It hereditary. My mother is 52 years old and only weighs 120, and she has trouble gaining weight too! So if you think you can help me, please do!!!!!

Favorite Answer

tube steak! its whats for dinner

eat proteins eggs meat broast for carbs potatos and rice and dring lot of water 15 to above glasses of water perform exercise consistently if u do not then u r not able to gain mass perform 6 sets 5 to 7 reps of all exercise should take one egg one glass of banana shake and one potato 1 hour before u start doing exercise and do the same after u have done the exercise with the passage of time u will get hungry and increase the amount but u should be consistent remember gain mass include 60% diet and 40% exercise so eat lot lot

Everything listed above will make you gain weight, but if you want to do it the healthy way, the key is to up your protein with foods like lean cuts of meat, chicken, etc. and work out more doing things like strength training. You will gain muscle mass rather than fat, which weighs more than fat anyway. If you just gain fat, you'll have a 'flabby' body, wheras you could have a healthy, fit, muscular build if you gain weight the right way.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Eat a lot of meat and carbs-Noodles, Bread, etc. Try eating out more at greasy food places like mexican and chinese. Most important-don't eat a whole bunch of junk food! You want to stay healthy while gaining weight. Keep fruit and vegetables in your diet and keep exercising regularly. It's okay to treat yourself a few times a week with a hamburger or pizza, but don't do it every day.

Source(s): my own knowledge...
  • kim

So do you have colitus? A doc is needed to get to the problem of the nausea here and you can't avoid this, because it could also be a thyroid problem. Be sure to keep up the protein.

All you have to do is keep eating. But don't eat so much that you get over weight, but don't eat tons & tons of junk food becuase that isn't a good example for your kid and it hurts your body that you just might throw up more from all the junk food..

my grandmother has the nausea promlem when she eats, so her doctor gave her some pills that will help control the nausea. as for gaining weight, umm i would suggst McDonalds everynow and then. eat healthy but try to eat more of it. im not to sure what to tell you about gaining weight. i hope this helps you out some!! =)

why is everyone telling you to eat junk food!?! try weight-gaining shakes like ensure and make sure you're eating lots of protein! don't count calories but that doesnt mean start going to mcdonalds every night!

Two words: Big Mac.

2 words

mc donalds

is that one word? or two iunno

but mc donalds or any other fast food will work