OK, I don't normally do this but, why the heck is wrong with these people?

The Westboro Baptist Church. I won't post their hateful link but just google them. They are talking trash about the bridge collapse.

oh heh, bad grammar. I was typing something else and forget to change why to what. sorry

Favorite Answer

Well, you have to remember that it's a Southern Baptist Church. That denomination was founded to provide a moral figleaf for slavery and only removed support for the Institution of Slavery from their bylaws in the early 1990's after they got tired of having their credibility on the gay issue challenged by people who noted that they believed that dancing card playing and being what God made you were sins--but owning people isn't. They are also the Church most closely associated with the KKK. Lots of membership overlap there.

Fred Phelps and his flock, mostly his relatives, are pretty extreme even by their standards and are considered an embarassment to the Southern Baptist Church and most of the folks who want to sell the idea that only people they approve of should have rights. With so many of their own in uniform, the picketing of military funerals makes them uncomfortable.

But, until I hear more Christian voices saying publicly that Phelps and his followers are not true Brothers in Christ, I'm going to go on calling him a Mainstream Christian Leader.

Shoot your own dog, Christians. And cast in the Name of God, Ye not guilty.

Oh, the "God Hates Fags" church? Those people are loons.

Calling people hateful names is NO way to help homosexuals be set free from their sin of homosexuality. Jesus died so everyone could be free from that bondage too! Despite the fact there are churches now with "gay Christians" (!?) Which is an oxymoron and impossible. If you don't like what the Bible says about your sins, don't twist the scripture. Just leave the Bible alone. I don't cherry pick when it points out my sins.

Jesus came so we could live new lives, not so we could hang on to our treasured filth! (Romans 6:4, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Romans 12:1-2)

I am a Buddhist who believes that all religions are partly true. It disturbs me that these hateful people claim to be a christian church, but blunder through the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 22:37-40 states: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the law and the prophets hang on these two commandments."

Luke 6: 37 states: "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

WHOA! I checked out that site, and I have to say, they are not a true religion. They are not Christians, and they are definitely not Baptist. I was raised Baptist and this is not how this Denomination works. Westboro should be damned! Shame on them for praising Minneapolis's tragedy. I guarantee you, these people of the Westboro who follow this type of leadership, will see and feel the wrath of God! God does not hate Minneapolis. Yes God destroyed the two cities of Sodom and Gamora because of the homosexuality because that is a sin, but God Loves all HIS children. I hope when Westboro pickets the funeral, they get their butts beaten and swept off that property! Westboro is not Christian. They claim to be, but they are a CULT in disguise!!!

Thank you for making us aware of this. We will keep Minneapolis in our prayers. The true way!!! God Bless you!

Just gives Christianity a bad name!

You have all the different levels of the Christian faith. Some are more strick than others. I'm a Catholic for instance, and everyone knows it's pretty strick, but this is the only area that actually exacts true hatred!!

• I live in Georgia. I run into "loving Christians" such as these all the time. There was also more than one "Christian" on here trying to use the bridge collapse to scare the non-believers into converting. I let them know that I thought that was in very poor taste.

An interesting bunch indeed.

I hope you are wise enough to realize that these sentiments are not only not shared by many Christians, but that the mindset, the blind faith in mission and message that this branch adheres to, is also not widely shared amongst the Christian religion. I, as well as most I know who claim themselves Christian, have explored our own spirituality and accept it as a personl belief system to be shared amongst the community of all who claim Christianity.

That is pretty disgusting. As for why people say God is punishing a nation for a particular sin? Because he probably is at times. He often used Israel to punish other nations for there evil actions. As he used other Nations to punish Israel for a very particular sin. I don't think God is completely hands off in the world today although I do believe he has stepped back a bit. However this I will say. God does not hate anyone. He came to seek and save those that were lost. It was the religious leaders who condemned sinners that he called vipers. As I Christian I do not condone homosexuality or abortion or lying or gossip. Fact is I am a female and I gossip. I spread rumors I don't know are true and I am a sinner. My friend has had an abortion and I don't view her as less than me. She has sinned as I have. Christians need to stop the hating and do as Jesus did. Love the unloved and the unlovable.

OK rant is over.

If Fred Phelps is going to be in heaven then, PLEASE, send me to Hell. An eternity with someone like him WOULD be Hell, Satan himself would be a lot nicer of a guy than that bigoted idiot. That guy also needs to actually VISIT, Minneapolis. The chruches he mentions are nowhere NEAR to that bridge and that was and is one of the nicest area along the river front.

Raji the Green Witch

• That's the "church" in Topeka, Kansas, whose members go to funerals of gay people and while the family is grieving and the body is being buried, they scream anti-gay obscenities and hold signs which say, "God Hates Fags!" and "Fags Will Burn In Hell!" What is wrong with them? They have concentrated so long on their homophobia that it has become idolatry to them. Now, God has given them up to reprobate minds.