1957 vs 2007?

Scenario: Jack goes duck hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.

1957- Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.

2007- School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

----------------------------------------------------------

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1957 Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2007- Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

---------------------------------------------------------

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1957- Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Jeffrey sits still in class.

2007- Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie.. School and parents gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

---------------------------------------------------------

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping.

1957- Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007- Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957- Mark shares aspirin with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2007- Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1957: Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and is sent back to Mexico .

2007: Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

--------------------------------------------------------

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1957- Ants die.

2007- BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

-------------------------------------------------------

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957- In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2007- Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

2 thumbs up from me on that.

Every thing has gone to Hell ever since SOCIETY has taken the parents rights away, They are the ones who got carried away.

Jesus if we had to go by the BS laws today back when i was a kid my parents would be doing life sentences.

we were disciplined when we deserved it, Back in the days when we where taught Principles, Morals, Values, and Respect. something that you don't and wont find to much in todays society.

heres a little something to ponder on .. According to the Bible they way the world and society is right now it is suppose to be like that it is one of the end of times sign.

when brother are against brother and sister against sister and the children against their parents ETC....ETC.....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A bit pessimistic and one sided but some of those overreactions are true to life, so it is also terribly sad. I wonder who has the most to fear from terrorism, more people die from other causes like; heart disease and car accidents than will ever die from terror acts and yet the government is pushing through all these civilian control laws and methods which will really ruin trust in society and freedom in the western world. If people came from the government and closed all the fast food restaurants we wouldn't stand for that violation of our liberties, even though it would save more lives and help the world more than cracking down on free speech and legal protections. The other day I found a NO STOPPING sign attached to a STOP sign, has the world gone crazy, are there just too many rules now that just don't make any sense? I don't feel any safer now, infact I think I feel less safe! What do you guys think?

• 1 decade ago

u had some very good points

life would really be better in 1957 but u did get a little carried away near the end

hugging some could not possibly ruin someone that bad

mabey in 2057 though

• 1 decade ago

Great Joke! I never thought about how different things were 50 yrs ago.

~Candice~

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Elinor
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Well done as usual Mr Hamster. Its sadly more true than funny. its very reflective on the way society, the more it tries to help- actually screws us, and itself in the process.

• 1 decade ago

good one just shows that the us government are overacting by far. oh yes george bush was around at that time. maybe thats one of the reasons.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This is defiantly the best joke on here! I'm glad I came this far back to read it!

• Me
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

1957 Oh what a year it was ! It really was!It was a year oo-oo what a year

It was it really was such a year

The moon was always bright oh so bright

It was it really was such a year

• 1 decade ago

Very good and so very true.If you can get hold of Obituary to commonsense you may find it interesting.Star for you

• 1 decade ago

that is true true

so odd

golly wish the times hadn't changed!

xx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.