Nessa.
Nessa. asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Is it normal to have a fear of people who are holding knives?

I just want to see if anyone else gets scared the way i do.

well, everytime someone is holding a knive i keep thinking if i say something wrong they'll stab me with it. i mean, i get really scared. i mean, once when i was with my friend, she started chasing me with the knive, but she was only joking. i didn't think she was joking and i started crying and hyperventalating and i lost my voice. by the way, im 13.

im guessing a lot of people have this. so, is it normal, or not?

Favorite Answer

Being that a knife is a weapon and has the possibility to cause serious harm or death, I don't think it is too odd to say that most people are hesitant around those holding knives.

I know where you are coming from though. I also do not like being in close proximity of someone holding a knife because whether something would happen or not, they are holding the weapon and you are defenseless.

u watch too many scary movies kid...yes its understandable to be afraid of crazy ppl when they hold a knife, and ur friend shouldn't have chased u around... its a phobia, everyone has a phobia. I, 4 instance, am terrified of Maniquinns...freaky things! But its ok to have a fear of something.

Knives are a good thing. You don't have to be scared. If someone gets one out, tell them how you feel. If they do as your friend did, don't ever go back around them. If they ask you why, Tell them why. Then also you could get you one bigger than theirs, and when they whip out theirs, you whip whip out the DADDY.

I get nervous that they are gonna slip if im too close but um not intentionally stab my or fatally injure me no, so I think it's a little odd

Omg!!! that is just like me every little detail!! idk if its normal, but i started crying when my dad pulled a knife out of the knife holder thing cuz it looked like he was pointing it at me a started crying and ran to my room, i started to imagine him stabbing me.... even though he is sooooooooo gentle. turns out he was going to cut a tomatoe for a salad. (i am 13 too!!!) CRAZY!!!!!! if u find a way to stop ur fear of knifes email me at 11chick@sbcglobal.net ( i have the worst email address!!! lol!)

Well honestly i would be very worried if you werent afraid lol having a knife yau i truly would be careful on what i say lol dont wnat to get them upset. Its a weapon how else are you supposed to act.

Yeah it is normal.... You had a very bad experience too, even if your friend was playing around that was not funny. that is how accidents happen .

im the same way. i freak out