Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what about the sorry pos senator blaming bush for the bridge falling?

the scary part is they got elected

Update:

the lead news on yahoo

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070803/ts_nm/bridge_c...

U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, a Minnesota Democrat, suggested Bush administration spending on the Iraq war may have crimped funding for domestic projects such as road and bridge construction, and for such infrastructure projects as new levees for New Orleans.

"We've spent $500 billion in Iraq and we have bridges falling down in this country," Klobuchar told MSNBC. "I see a connection between messed-up priorities."

Department of Transportation Secretary Mary Peters said billions of dollars were available for road and bridge repairs.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just like Katrina, the local Democrats haven't done crap in years, but now it is Bush's fault. Liberal democrats are pathetic.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is sad but it is far from the lowest that they have sunk. Some people are pathetic. And just a little FACT, not one federal program has seen a decrease in funding. We spend more on highways than ever before. The government wastes money domestically big time. Example- here in my town we got a grant for almost a half million to fix a 150yr old covered bridge that hasnt been used in 25 yrs or more. Why? Put that money into a bridge or road that actually is used.

• 1 decade ago

I'm not sure which senator you are talking about or what he said. A case could be made for the fact that if we weren't wasting billions of dollars in Iraq, some of the money would have been spent on transportation infrastructure. However, there is no way to know that money would have been spent on that particular bridge.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think you should blame Bush but all of the Presidents since Reagan, Even Clinton, he did spend some for infrastructure all federal highways and bridges which this was one I 35. I think that's the highway that was part of I 35 and that would make it come partly under the federal government. So whom ever was blaming Bush should also blame the state But any Interstate highways come under the federal government. And this was part of the Interstate system. And we have spend billion on Iraq and nothing about road and bridges under the federal government here.

Source(s): I forgot Minnesota is republican or the governor is
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Maybe the senator should scrap that $1 billion football stadium they're building in Minneapolis and fix their bridges instead.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why, didnt you know??? Bush is responsible for every bad thing that occurs in the world....just ask any delusionist liberal.

• P.A.M.
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

what is even scarier is that some well meaning Americans believe him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.