Do you read fiction or nonfiction?

I only read nonfiction because I like learning about everything.

I just asked a question about science fiction, can't read the mess but love to watch it.

Best Answer

non-fiction mostly

• Penny

Nonfiction often doesn`t contain the vibrant voice that fiction can contain. Also, fiction is well; fiction so the author can make it whatever they want from the setting to the main point of the story. Nonfiction is true so they are only true events and to some,that is not entertaining or interesting so they`ll check out the best-selling fiction. I think it`s mainly a personal opinion on what type of reads you`re into.

HA! I'm the exact opposite. Spies and fiction make me wonder if it is real, and not reported.

And nonfiction is just proof of huge messes in different fields. Or if lucky proof of good advances if leaders would have backbone to impliment.

Sat. I will watch Jason Borne. He and Bond make for great movies. Hunt for Red October was a great movie also.

Give me a sword or laser rifle any day, though.

This timeline can be too boring!!!

Sci-Fi RULES

• bwlobo

Since your question is in R&S, I'll let you know that I read the non-fiction... the Bible. The Bible is a book that has been read more and examined less than any book that ever existed. I wish more people would examine it more closely.

Few people ever believe that the Bible means what it says: They are always convinced that it says what they want it to mean. Fight truth decay - study the Bible daily.

Mostly nonfiction, but sometimes, very rarely i read fictional books.

I like to read Ann Rule, true crime. I have also read many novels and have learnt through them too, eg. when I was younger I read danielle Steele and learnt about the Napa Valley, where it is and that it is a wine growing area in the USA. Most novels are very well researched, reading anything is learning.

Source(s): Australian

I read a little of both. I'm a Stephen King fan and what he writes can hardly be based on fact, so....

I enjoy watching sci-fi, especially The X-Files, Outer Limits, Twilight Zone and other such TV shows. Stargate is one of my favorite movies, and I enjoyed the series also. Can't bear to read it though, it grates on my nerves.

Read and write both. Sometimes for money but most often to leave a legacy for my progeny who will probably look at the piles of my questionable productivity and run screaming out of the room. It is their choice. I probably won't leave them much of a legacy but if they can sell any of these reams of paper they can keep it. If not they won't have to buy TP for a very long time.

If you use Yahoo Q&A you will be reading both fiction and non fiction.

I probably read more non fiction from my choice of books.

same as you. i like reading about philosophy and other cultures especially. i love to learn, and i don't think that will ever change. there's a particular book that i read and study everyday, and since you put this question in R&S, i'm sure you can figure out which one it is.

• ?

Mostly non-fiction - although every once in a while its nice to take a break with a fantasy...

Try Umberto Eco's "Foucault's Pendulum."

Source(s): edit - to arewethereyet: IM A BOOK! IM A BOOK!!!!!