Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Renting movies at blockbuster?

Do you have to be a member at Blockbuster in order to get movies? If so, how much is the membership and/or movies?

Favorite Answer

You do have to be a memeber. Membership is free. Just the cost of the movie or unless a movie is late and then you just have to pay the late fee. I believe the movie is 2.50. I am not sure on this. I cancelled my membership with them and will never have it again.

We had returned a movie and some genius called me a week after saying that the movie we rented wasn't the movie that was in the case, I.e. I had put the wrong movie in. I asked them why they waited so long to call, and it was some sort of mixup. I asked them if I was going to be charged for their mixup and they said just for the one day and not the full 7, which I was fine with because I did put in the wrong movie.

I return the right movie, and they never could locate my movie that I owned. Long story short, I get a letter a couple weeks later from a collections agency saying they were going to take me to court on behalf of blockbuster for 21.00. I was so furious, and the people I talked to on the phone were really nasty. I paid the money and sent a letter to cancel my membership. I cut up my card and will not use them again.

Yes, you have to have a membership to rent movies, but it is free...and to buy movies you don't need to have one.

yes you do but its free