Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If your pastor says "cut off the body part that causes you to sin". . .?

. . . because the Bible suggest you should. Would you do it?

What body part will that be?

Best Answer

no. i like my body parts.

The pastor is a man of like passion such as any man. If he knew the things of God .Would he ask another to literally cut off a body part. Would you? The Bible suggest a lot of things but if we continue in study and prayer we gain better understanding what the intent and matter of God is. What is pain literally. What is persecution and suffering? Does one have to cut off a limb to experience that? It is the mind and the heart that causes one to sin...can one survive if they are cut out? Hell no?

Source(s): You think about it and when it gets into your heart you act on it. That is when you begin to walk in sin. Acting out. Matthew 15:17-20. What comes out of the heart that defiles a man.

No, I wouldn't. When I read that too often ignored verse in my bible, I was disgusted. It's promoting self mutilation is what is is. I love God and all, but I just can't agree with that, let alone agree with any religion that practices that. (just the cutting off body parts, not the entire Bible. The Bible's fine)

Oooh, I'd hate to be a priest. Actually, the only part than anyone should list here is their brain. Rather than cause harm to me, I could save the whole community by cutting apart that pastor.

Then ask him why he still has all his body parts. For as far as I know, only Jesus, the Son of God ever lived a life without sin.

Well, all the things I wish to say to you might qualify as a sin, so I choose to cut off your head.

Man, I'm witty.

• ?

You cut it off mentally so you can see it has no power to make you sin. You don't literally start to mutilate your body (lol)

Is your Pastor going to show you how its done by his example?

Ask his wife what part should be removed first.

I would cut off the pastor's lower jaw. That would probably solve the problem.

Well I suppose I'd have to lop off my head. I behave like a lady, but you wouldn't believe what runs through my mind.

No, I wouldn't cut off my head, and I don't have a pastor to listen to. Atheism. Gotta love it.

Would it not be easier to just repent after you sin. I wonder if cut off your junk cause the pastor told you would you be able to sue the church, HMM. jk.