I've been searching unsuccessfully for the singer/s of a song "why does the sun keep on shining?

Tried unsuccessfully on Google with nary a nibble. So could someone put me out of my misery and tell me who performed the golden oldie: "Why does the sun keep on shining? Why does the surf rush to shore? Don't they know it's the end of the world, It ended when you said good-bye. These may not be the... show more Tried unsuccessfully on Google with nary a nibble. So could someone put me out of my misery and tell me who performed the golden oldie: "Why does the sun keep on shining? Why does the surf rush to shore? Don't they know it's the end of the world, It ended when you said good-bye. These may not be the exact words but are as close as I can remember them. Surely somebody can go one-up on Google!