Narcissist and/or Sociopath?

I am just now learning about the narcissist and sociopath personalities. After a 15 year relationship (6 years married) the light is coming on. My questions are .. is a sociopath always violent? (my husband is not - he's just selfish and shows no real emotion, prefers to play computer games and nap rather... show more I am just now learning about the narcissist and sociopath personalities. After a 15 year relationship (6 years married) the light is coming on. My questions are .. is a sociopath always violent? (my husband is not - he's just selfish and shows no real emotion, prefers to play computer games and nap rather than earn a living and still finds a way to manipulate me into feeling like I can help him or that I need to stay to take care of him. - and yes, I know, he can't "make" me feel guilty or responsible but ..). Also, can anyone tell me your experience with LEAVING someone who is a narcissist/non-violent sociopath??
My question may be a little vague - I didn't provide many details - but I didn't want to go on and on .. if you can answer this question from experience, you'll know who you are... ;-)