How do you successfully move on?

I'm trying to get past a former relationship that ended about 4 months ago. No, I'm not somewhere crying my heart out or have become a shell of my former self...its just that this person eeks their way through my head and I sometimes lose valuable time with contemplating the what ifs, what could have been done better, etc.

First thought when I wake up. Hear a song and think about how much we used to like it. Aaargh!! Its frustrating and I want my BRAIN back all to myself !! :)

And I find myself languishing in those thoughts for much longer than I'd like.

I want to get by him....

Any suggestions?

Nanii...you are the ying to my yang girl!! I was just sitting here trying to find a tribal butterfly. I'm soooo about to get another TAT. I have two and want at least two more!! Luv ya chica!!

Favorite Answer

well me ex has a baby now! worked for me! no im just kidding..

I was in a relationship for 4 years and then we parted... i was off crying all the time...

I just focused on myself. I moved away. Got a job. Took myself out. Stayed away from all men (except for the random booty call every now and again, i had to keep around atleast 1 boy.. sheesh...) i dyed my hair (which didnt turn out that great but it usually helps girls feel better) i got a few tattoo's. I drownded myself in lots of acid jazz and heavy metal. i got a new car. i was single and enjoying life. all by myself. I took myself to the movies out for dinner and it also doesnt hurt to have a single friend or two to do some crazy things with.

and if you ever need to talk you know we can do that =)

good luck. and just go get a tattoo you'll feel better i promise =)

JUS LIKE YOU, SOME SONGS WOULD REMIND ME OF MY EX.

THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU IS TO THINK "IS HE THINKING ABOUT ME"

"DOES HE KNOW HOW BAD HE HURT ME?"

"AM I IN HIS MIND CONSTANTLY"

"DO HE EVEN REMEMBER ME?"

START DATING AND TRY TO FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR IN A GUY! DON'T MAKE A COMMITMENT OR GIVE YOU HEART OUT TO EVERY MAN, SEE IF THEY ARE ON YOUR LEVEL. WHEN YOU FIND SOMEONE YOU WILL BE SURPRISED HOW QUICK HE FALLS OUT YOUR MIND. THEN IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU LOVED YOUR EX NOW, YOU WILL REALIZE IT WAS LUST, BECAUSE LOVE GOES BOTH WAYS!

HOPE DIS HELPED!!!!!!!!!!