Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

The Bible's Hell and Lake of Fire?

Is hell and/or the lake of fire spiritual locations or ACTUAL (physical) locations?

Best Answer

They are spiritual locations and it is not clear exactly what those titles entail. In some passages Jesus talks about being cast into the "outer darkness" where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Wherever they are and whatever they are really like, all I know is that I don't want to go there so I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back!

Free MP3 http://ffc.firefighters.org/worship/02-17.mp3

I have decided to follow Jesus;

I have decided to follow Jesus;

I have decided to follow Jesus;

No turning back, no turning back.

Though I may wonder, I still will follow;

No turning back, no turning back.

The world behind me, the cross before me;

No turning back, no turning back.

Though none go with me, still I will follow;

No turning back, no turning back.

Will you decide now to follow Jesus?

Will you decide now to follow Jesus?

Will you decide now to follow Jesus?

No turning back, no turning back.

Source(s): Link on the Free Stuff page @ http://www.express56.com/~bromar/

Acts 24:15 New international version and that i've got have been given an identical prefer in God as those men, that there will be a resurrection of the two the righteous and the wicked. The lake of fire is the area hell could be thrown into , which ability it's going to be thoroughly destroyed .

• Jim K

My belief (and this is only my belief, not what I was taught) is that Hell is eternal separation from God. Thus, it is more a state of being than a physical location.

The Lake of Fire (no, I don't believe they are the same thing) is a physical place. Probably a description of the interior of the earth, or such places as volcanoes.

If I'm wrong, I'll probably hear about it. :-))))

They are neither spiritual nor actual locations.

Hell was an invention to scare believers into reforming their own behavior in line with the doctrine and converting other people.

It's been two thousand years. Why can you still not realize this? Hell must have worked better than the authorities thought.

• Jed

Actual physical. It is described as a place.

To get an idea of what a Lake of Fire is like, just look at the Sun.

When your home is on fire and you are in, which is a actual location. When you are eager to waiting for the result, is the imagine fire of lake. Is that clear?

I like to think logically about this. If it's REAL, then where do Christians suppose it is? In space? On another planet? In the center of our earth?

It made sense from a bronze age people to see this as a real "place" but once you start to understand a little bit about the universe, it's embarrasing.

• Eds

NYC,

Christ will Judge each of us when HE is snt to do so. Only GOD knows the Time that will happen (the Judgment). Then we will be separated to Heaven or Hell. It is a spiritual place. Have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks,

Eds

.

Hell is what the Bible says its the lake of fire!

God bless!!:DD

Mystics will tell you that it's all mystical and should not be taken literally; Christian literalists will tell you it's a real place where a real god is going to deep-fry you in real lava (and that's just the warm up for the real torture).