autocad 2008?

hi, i use autocad mep 2008 in creating my mep drawings, its a very nice software, it makes your job a lot easier. but, my problem is when i open my .dwg files(2008) in an earlier versions e.g. 2004, 2000... the mep objects which i drew in 2008 will not appear or won't show in the earlier versions is there a way of solving this? i also tried to save it as 2004, 2000 version because 2008 has that option to save it on an earlier version but as when i save it a prompt window appears saying something like: "turning off aec commands" please i really need help... thanks a lot..

Favorite Answer

You need to use the 'export to' command rather than the 'save as' command. You can see things with saving down to the earlier version but can not edit them. With the export your file will be converted and you should be able to edit the aec objects.

I would save in DXF format, with the version level you want to open it in. Another option that usually improves the possibility of successful compatibility is exploding any blocks, regions or X references in the newer version.