Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

How do you survive a gunfight in Pakistan?

I am leaving for Lahore, Pakistan in a few days, but there are extremists who are shooting people, and rebelling against the Dictator General Pervez Musharraf. There are roadside/car bombs, gunfights, and a whole bunch of other stuff. If I am walking on a market street, and a gunfight were to start, what should I do? Duck? Run? Play dead?

Um repoed, ON behalf of your comment, I am half Pakistani. I know what happens in my country. I dont live in America. I live in Muscat, Oman in the middle east myself. I love Pakistan. There are shootings that are happening against the government, so don't say that im just saying it cause its in the middle east. Im from there and I know what goes on there. They are rebelling against the dictator. Just read the news.

Favorite Answer

Karachi, Pakistan is the most dangerous place on Earth according to ABC and CNN. Lahore is also a major city in Pakistan but there are not many gunfights knocking out there. They have settled a little bit, their president is just like Bush to them so if you have anger and could do anything in a country than you're in Pakistan. About walking on the street, think wise - if almost all of Pakistan is more dangerous than Compton, CA than why do you want to walk on the streets? You're just asking for suicide. But incase you do, and guns break out then DO NOT RUN - you must go inside of a building and position yourself as if you were on ground position in the army in a far corner and use anything you can to give you protection over your head especially, put something below your body that you know can break with force and have something with you that can be heard by others, like a metal on metal makes loud noise; if the building collapses then do not hesitate, just remain calm and in the same position, breathe repeatingly, pray, make noise with whatever you collected only after the firing has calmed, then wait for the Pakistani or American rescue team.

Reminder: Do NOT visit the gun market in Karachi, you will definitely be killed if you are not of Pakistani or Black origin.

I don't think you should go to Pakistan. You are 15 and Afghani. People there could see you as a foriegner, no offece but they are probably more racist there than here. You live in America too. They could view you as an American, and I'm sure the current events going on in the region ( Iraq and Afghanistan ) would make them feel uneasy about Americans. Whoever is letting you go on this trip should stop it. I remember your dad said he doesn't take you anywhere. I am not aware of any war going on in Pakistan, but I would definately not be suprised if bombings are an everyday activity. Idk. In my opinion, the best advice i have is to when something does on like that, find your guardian and ask them and make sure you are with them. If they weren't available, I'd say Run. I think Bombers would be able to tell a playing dead person with little broozes from someone dead and bloody.

Edit-You just said you live in Muscat, but in here you say you live in America ( http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgJSO... ). So obviously you are lying. Where do you live, America or Oman?!?!?!?!

Run with your head somewhat down. If you can't get out of the vicinity immediately, get behind the engine block of a car or behind a large tree, both are good for stopping bullets from handguns, but probably not assault rifles.

My god, just because people say that the middle east is one gigantic gun fight dosen't mean its true. if people were constantly fighting with guns 24/7, there would be no more people in Pakistan.

Return fire. Alternatively drop and low crawl around a corner.

Pray?

Throw a rock.

Source(s): That's what I see them doing on CNN. It seems to be working for them---they were alive and kicking when I watched them throw the rocks back at the tanks....Uhmmm, why are you visiting there in a time of war, anyways?

run by the way could u get me some bryani express on the way

you can always bend over and kiss your A S S good by

How about "stay home?" Isn't that the best answer?? Don't go there. Simple.