Cheap custom picture frames?

Anyone know where I can get picture frames over the internet for $20-40? I have a bunch of randomly sized photos and artwork, and all the standard frames at Michaels, Target, Ikea, Fast Frames, Aaron Bros, etc, don't fit my prints. And to make a custom frame with them is a minimum $80. So, again, anybody know an online frame dealer for cheap? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but I just thought I'd share what I do. I shop the thrift stores for old framed prints and photographs. I repaint the frames, buy new glass if necessary, and cut a new mat (you can have this done at Aaron Brothers if you don't have a matt cutter, but Logan Matt Cutters will pay for themselves if you do this a lot). As the previous answer stated, you just have to find a frame larger than your print, then cut a mat to make your print fit that frame.

• Jayne

Print the pictures on you home printer at a high resolution, if this does not look good, then you may have to spend some money to have them printed at a photo print center, then buy a cheap frame from a place like Walmart. Thats how I do it anyhow. YOu would run in to some money issues if you really want the good photo prints, but they are worth it in the long run.

• Kacky

Why not just get some mats and cut them to accommodate your pictures. The outside dimensions of the mat can be standard so that a regular picture frame will work. You put the mat over your picture and then put the matted picture into a frame.

.

I would also use mats #TheWaterBrooke