why do I keep having dreams about dinosaurs?

I have a book which explains dream meanings, but dinosaurs is not in it!

Its not a recurring dream.... its different dreams with dinosaurs in them. Always carniverous (spelling?) dino's ... t rexes, raptor type things etc, I never get bitten or eaten but am always being chased by them or hiding from them, and its usually in houses or in a residential street..... seriously its bugging me now!!!! I've had these dreams about 10 times over the last year or so.

C'mon... someone tell me what the hell is going on in my brain!

Best Answer

Kim, you're not going to find the answer in those dream interpretation books. They're fun to read; I had one when I was younger, too. But a book that says, for example, water means this & trees mean that, is taking objects out of the context of the dream. It doesn't know your entire dream, who you are, what's going on in your life, etc.

Therapists are trained to interpret the dreams of their patients; but even they make sure the patient does most of the interpretation & just guides them. Once in a while, they will tell the patient what they see in the dream. (By the way, I am certainly not saying you need therapy!)

Most people have recurring dreams or, as in your case, dreams that have recurring themes. Some are very common to many people, such as dreaming you are falling or flying. I, myself, have been having 2 types of dreams with recurring themes for the past couple years; and I have yet to figure them out.

Kim, I don't know how old you are, but I would hazard a guess that you are young (excuse me if I'm wrong). The subject of dinosaurs is very popular. In addition to learning about them in school, we see movies about them, etc., so it's not surprising that they would be the main subject in your dreams.

Now, the fact that they are carnivorous is important. That means they are a danger to you; also, you said they are always chasing you, or you are hiding from them. You know that the dinosaurs are symbolic of something else in your life that is frightening you, even if you are not aware of it — it's in your sub-conscious, or even deeper, in your un-conscious.

The good thing about those dreams is that you never actually get hurt or destroyed. This shows that you are a strong & resourceful girl; and the dream is showing you that whatever is scary to you in real life can't really hurt you, that you can handle it, no matter how big a problem it seems, no matter how overwhelming.

The fact that they take place in houses or in residential streets tells me I would need to know more information about that part of the dreams & about you. I could easily say it suggests something is going on in your family, some change that took place a year or so ago, or an on-going situation that started then. But that could be wrong. It could simply mean that houses mean something to you. So, I won't try to jump to any conclusions there.

One good thing is that you have had these dreams only about 10 times over the past year or so. That's not even one a month. So that tells me that you are really not that terrified as the dreams would imply. We also tend to work out real problems we have by symbolically making up a situation in our dreams at night. And as we work out the situation in our dreams, we are working out our real problems, sometimes without even realizing it.

I hope this helped you somewhat. What I can say is that the dreams tell me you are stronger than whatever issue is going on in your life, whether small or big.

Good luck.

Source(s): Career in Psychology, working with children and teens. Also studied dream analysis.

1

Source(s): Best Type of Survival Food http://renditl.info/UltimateSurvivalFood

Chased By Dinosaurs

According to Dreamcrowd:

Dinosaurs are always fascinating, sometimes lovable, mostly dangerous, and they are alive only in our imaginations. Consider all of the details of the dream and try to tie these ideas to some aspect of your life. The dinosaur, whether you have given it a positive or negative connotation, represents something from your past or an aspect of your personality that you have altered over time. Dinosaurs may represent old issues that have not been properly addressed and that continue to have the power to effect your life in the present.

Try posting your dream on Dreamcrowd for a free interpretation.

Source(s): dreamcrowd web site

To see a dinosaur in your dream, symbolizes an outdated attitude. You may need to discard your old ways of thinking and habits.

To dream that you are being chased by a dinosaur, indicates your fears of no longer being needed or useful. Alternatively, being chased by a dinosaur, may reflect old issues that are still coming back to haunt you.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Its not a recurring dream.... its different dreams with dinosaurs in them. Always carniverous (spelling?) dino's ... t rexes, raptor type things etc, I never get bitten or eaten but am always being chased by them or...

Source(s): dreams dinosaurs: https://tr.im/Y5o6q

Being chased = being criticized, yelled, disciplined

Hide from them = guilt conscience

Dinosaures = big, powerful, fear, high authority figure.

You don't have to see something or get bitten to dream about it.

Dinosaurs in your mind may symbolize someone who continuously criticized you. In your subconscious mind, this may represent something powerful and roar or action that may threaten you emotionally. This could be your teacher, boss, parent, etc. Having projected yourself being chased shows sign of criticism from them and you hid from them shows sign of regret and guilt conscience.

There is nothing wrong with your brain. Different people have different dream symbols and projection. For you, dinosaurs mean some sort of authorized figure that may emotionally hurt you in this case.

Basically you just want to vent this out when you are feeling low in confidence or self esteem.

one thing I must correct the other posters = they said Dinosaurs symbols old way of thinking.... I don't think they did it right. If they are dinosaurs bones, then you can interpret that way, but if dinosaurs which are chasing you, that would serve total different meaning!

Source(s): insight

To dream that you are being chases, signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable. It is often a metaphor for some form of insecurity. In particular, to dream that you are chased by an animal, represents your own unexpressed and unacknowledged anger which is being projected onto that animal. Alternatively, you may be running away from a primal urge or fear.