If you pay "first and last" month's rent, do you have to pay last month's rent?

i am moving out in less than 30 days... and when i first moved into my apartment, i paid the first, last and security depoit. will i have to pay the last months rent since i already paid it? what are the chances of getting the interest on the last month's rent stated on the lease and what are the chances of... show more i am moving out in less than 30 days... and when i first moved into my apartment, i paid the first, last and security depoit. will i have to pay the last months rent since i already paid it? what are the chances of getting the interest on the last month's rent stated on the lease and what are the chances of getting my security deposit back while there's no damage to the property. also, my grandmother passed away a few days ago, and she left me her cat. she and i were extremely close, and her cat is the only thing i have to remember her by. (she loved cats). the landlord doesn't allow pets of any kind (he wouldn't even allow my dog to stay with us for a week while my parents were on vacation.) i have my grandmother's cat living with me now, but i didn't ask for permission. the cat had no where else to go and it really means alot to me. since i'll be moving in less than 30 days, will this be a large problem? I know it depends on the landlord, but any advice will be appreciated.