Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

What is the average hourly rate one would expect to pay an electrician?

14 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Whatever the going rate is for an electrician in the area. It varies tremendously. An electrician in New York City will get paid a lot more than an electrician in Mogadishu.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i am a self employed electrician in london , i do not charge by the hour as some jobs are not worth it. i do price work. but if i get called out for an emergency call out i charge £60 even if i am there 5 minutes. As for JIB rates they are used when a electrician is sub contracting for a construction company . the pay is rubbish.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

here in vegas the billing rate for an electrician is 75 an hour

• 1 decade ago

Depends on where you live but expect to pay £150.00 a dday which works out about £18-£25 an hour

Source(s): I am a builder
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Most dont charge an hourly rate, most will charge by the job and then charge extra ( by the hour ) if it takes longer..... Tell us what the job is and we can give you an idea of what to expect....

• 1 decade ago

JIB states that an Electrican in London should get £12.99 but it normally works out more than that, the downside is, not only the are the Polish are bringing down the Standards , but they are also bringing down the rates too!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Check out www.npda.co.uk.

Its the national property developers association so I'm sure someone there will be able to advise you.

You can become a member (for free) and ask in the forum.

Hope this helps

• Clive
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Where I live in Suffolk, £25 - £40 ph, plus VAT if applicable. Probably close to double that in London where there is a significant 'hassle factor' overhead due to traffic, parking and probable theft of unsecured tools.

• 1 decade ago

We're in South Wales and we had a couple of quotes which were around £40.00 an hour.

Watch out for VAT though - always ask if their price is inclusive or exclusive.

• Dolly
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

i guess a minimum of £40 per hour.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.