Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Is it ok for dogs to have yogurt?

Favorite Answer

Plain yogurt with no added sugar is best. Organic yogurt with natural probiotics is great for dogs and helps in digestion. It's a great mix in with kibble or frozen kong treat.

YES! Plain, full fat yogurt is often great for dogs that have digestive woes. My vet has recommended it to me for when my puppy has diarrhea or a gurgly stomach.

Just be sure it's the plain, full fat kind. Often, if your dog has an upset stomach, your vet will recommend trying yogurt before trying another medicine such as Pepto Bismol, because it is more natural and the bacteria in yogurt is good for dogs too!

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://biturl.im/aU8G1

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

My dog was recently ill and would not eat/had diareea..lol...

and our vet recomended PLAIN yogurt with no exta sugars.

I have heard that any kind of "people food" is bad for dogs. Their digestive system is a little different than ours and it takes a very very long time for them to digest a lot of things.

Healthy foods for us can be poison to a dog.

I would not give yogurt to your dog as a treat or constant thing, if it is sick though I cant see a prob. Same thing I have heard of vets suggesting potato's and cottage cheese...??

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is it ok for dogs to have yogurt?

Source(s): dogs yogurt: https://tr.im/wg7Kh

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://biturl.im/aU2EL

Probably not because there are certain things in our body that allow us to eat things that dogs cannot eat. For instance, chocolate is a food most people love but for dogs it is a poison. You might want to try and get yogurt drops for your dog at a local pet supplier. That type of yogurt is specially designed for pets. If you are going to give your dog yogurt then see what is in it and wether you think your dog could consume it.

Yes, yogurt is good for digestion. My dogs get a spoon full of yogurt every day and have for years (no-fat, no-sugar yogurt).

Yogurt is advised for pregnant dogs....but just about a tbsp per day.It helps prevent bladder infections.I see no problem with a single spoon every day for dogs,pregnant or not.

I have a chihuahua and i always leave him a small portion of my yoghurt and i let him lick the whole cup clean. I think it's not so bad just as long as you won't give them too much. Because you'll never know, what's good for us humans may not be good for them too. I give my dog lactose free milk so he drinks milk everyday and it doesn't upset his tummy at all.