i have a stereo at home with amp but when i put to much volume it turns off why does it do that?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    is this a home stereo or a car stereo? if a home stereo you could be over heating the reciever with too little resistance then the reciever can handle causing it to shut down to protect itself.. if its a car system its pretty mush the same thing.. you dont want to run say 2 ohms on a 4 ohm amp.. that will cause it to overload and shut down or worse damage it.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    My stereo will do that, it only happens when i have extra speakers plugged in to it. The stereo isnt pushing enough power to the speakers so it shuts its self off so it wont overload in a way. I hope that helps any...

  • 1 decade ago

    It may be overheating, the voltage could be dropping due to too small a wire being used for power. It may be an impedance mismatch between the speakers and the amp.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    check your ground wires, sometimes insufficient grounding will cause this.. make sure no wires are open and touching each other also, this will cause an arc and short it out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.