Jeremy
Jeremy asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

My fantasy baseball team?

my fantasy baseball team is currently in a downword spiral (i've went from 1st to 5th in the past month) should i wait this out or start making changes immediately-

C-RUSSELL MARTIN

1B-TRAVIS HAFNER

2B-DAN UGGLA

3B-DAVID WRIGHT

LF-BARRY BONDS(I THINK I'M GUNA DUMP HIM WHEN HE BEATS THE RECORD)

CF-GRADY SIZEMORE

RF-CHRIS DUNCAN(REPLACEMENT WHILE VICTORINO'S ON THE DL)

UTIL-RYAN ZIMMERMAN

UTIL-AARON HILL

UTIL-CARLOS DELGADO

BN-SHANE VICTORINO

SP-JUSTIN VERLANDER

SP-TIM HUDSON

SP-DEREK LOWE

SP-ANDY PETTITTE

SP-TIM LINCECUM

RP-FRANSISCO CORDERO

RP-AL REYES

RP-DAVID WEATHERS

RP-MATT CAPPS

BN-FAUSTO CARMONA

BN-TOM GORZELANNY

I KNOW MY OUTFIELD AND RP IS PRETTY WEAK RIGHT NOW, ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO IMPROVE WOULD BE GREAT. TYVM

btw i'm in a 9 team points league.

Favorite Answer

sometimes waiting it out is a good strategy, and it prevents you from making regrettable knee-jerk decisions. but with what you have right now, the longer you wait, the further (i think) you are to fall behind. i don't see this as a top-3 team in a 9-team league.

being in a 9-teamer (which i am in as well), there has to be some talent on the waiver wire. i'd dump Lowe yesterday, and probably replace Gorzelanny. i'd rather go with spot starters and play the matchups.

why wait on Bonds? there's no bonus points in fantasy for breaking records. find a team desperate for HRs & try to ship out Hafner & Uggla in a 2-for-1. if you don't get a 1B in return, chances are Garko or Dmitri Young are available and are viable options.

other names that could be on the waiver wire that could help you out (depending on your needs & wants):

Markakis

Corey Hart

Coco Crisp

they're all heating up and are probably better right now than Zimmerman, and maybe even Duncan.

I would keep Sizemore and Verlander(altough his last two starts sucked).Everyone else?If you can get someone else go for it.