I have type 1 diabetes. I'm 17 and life is depressing. i feel like i can't do anything anymore..?

I feel limited compared to all my friends. I am anxious about all the problems associated with diabetes that can occur. I try to control it as best as i can, but it's still never good enugh. I just don't want to do anythign anymore. Sometimes i feel bad for beign with my friends, because if something... show more I feel limited compared to all my friends. I am anxious about all the problems associated with diabetes that can occur. I try to control it as best as i can, but it's still never good enugh. I just don't want to do anythign anymore. Sometimes i feel bad for beign with my friends, because if something happens to me and i go nto a coma, it is incredibly selfish of me to have made all these people sad. I was just wondering whether anyone else felt the same and how you deal with it (or having any other chronic illness)?
Update: People who don't have diabetes always say that I can live a normal life. It's different when u are young. Im supposed to be looking forward to the rest of my life, not dreading it.