what is the diffrence between yahoo and google?

Favorite Answer

That is like comparing apples to oranges, or even Mac's to PC. Each one has their own way of doing things, and anyone saying that one is better than the other is simply their opinion, nothing more. It's not about what you don't have, it's about what you do with what you do have.

2 different companies, and while both may offer similar services, both are known for different things.

Both are obviously known for their search engines, but things that are notably different about both are:

Google's company reputation regarding privacy and their search engine technology, not to mention worker innovation and the simplicity of their search engine, and Gmail. They also have slowly but surely expanding over the past few years, and they tend to be seemingly more cautious about what they step foot into, but when they do step into the area, it tends to be in a complete and stable, almost perfect way, not holding back, which makes a lot of other companies nervous I think. They also tend to not deal with outside companies very much.

Yahoo's overall features, such as news, weather, maps, yahoo mail, yahoo messenger, integration with microsoft messenger, and overall what they do as a company, as they are an all around kind of company that tries to branch it self out in as many ways possible, big and small, with plenty of partnerships.

So as you can see, each one is known more for different things, and like I said before, it's like comparing apples and oranges in a way, other than both are .com companies and both originated simply as search engine portals, and both are expanding their horizons as far as what services can offer. I wouldn't exactly say one is any better than the other, as I use each for different things myself.

Example: I prefer Yahoo mail more than gmail, but I prefer using google's search engine over yahoo's.

Hope that helps.

Its a diffficult one to answer since both the companies are positioned very very differently ; on face value, Yahoo looks hep and colourful whereas google looks simple and elegant ; from employee perspective Google is a preferred choice for gard engineers ; Google is more thoughtful and strategic , Yahoo is flamboyant and more reactive ; Google concentrates on value added solutions rather than presentation and Yahoo concentrates on superb presentation ollowed by value creation

Yahoo has tons of media and ADS (loads slower). Google search is better (faster) only text ads.

I started with Yahoo since I've known it first: Mail, Photos (now Flickr), Geocities but since Google's introduction, I've been moving things to Google, Mail, Photos (Picasa), Googlepages.

Well, google ranks #3 and Yahoo #1 and msn #2, I think that makes sense.

Yahoo is 5 chars and Google is 6 chars...

yahoo does lots of things, whereas google searches for things, images, news search, and so on, google is way faster full stop (and the most visisted website ever!)

google has a philosophy of keeping things simple so that people who are technically challenged can use it without getting confused, Also that simple things are fast..

Yahoo believes in feature rich application.. their products are more customizable and complex.

Google is a search engine company sidelining into web applications.

Yahoo is a media company (news, reviews, etc) and communications (messenger, email, etc) sidelining into shopping, web applications and search.

Google has a muh better email but you have to be invited to join. I have both and I always use yahoo..

google has a better search engine.

and yahoo has better everything else.