Fruits that grew in your grandparents or other family relatives yards...that you absolutely loved!!?

For me , it was pomegranites...they grew in the back of my great grandma's back yard...I loved them! Still love them..but, hate those stains! Ya have to wear old shirts..!LOL! SHe also had persimmons and I think peaches...but, I was NOT too fond of those persimmons...but, now I am getting to like them...and I... show more For me , it was pomegranites...they grew in the back of my great grandma's back yard...I loved them! Still love them..but, hate those stains! Ya have to wear old shirts..!LOL!
SHe also had persimmons and I think peaches...but, I was NOT too fond of those persimmons...but, now I am getting to like them...and I like to freeze them..and the are yummy as a cold treat!

what about you all? what did you grow up with? Why did you like the things sooo much? what was soo special to you about these fruits( or veggies?)
You may also mention veggies if you would like too!

thank you for sharing!