explain nuclear weapons?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • sam d
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

explain nuclear weapons ?

I would need to the type of nuclear weapon you had in mind.

However think of it as being put in a giant microwave.

chemicals like Uranium or Plutonium produce three kind of radiation (radiation if what cooks your food in a microwave) they are:

Alpha: alpha ray is most common we are exposed to alpha ray every day. Alpha rays also travel the farrest.

X rays:

Beta: beta rays are can be stopped with a sheet of paper.

Gamma: travel the shortest but have the most energy gamma can travel trough even concrete walls the gamma rays are the most dangerous form of radiation emitted by a nuclear explosion because of the difficulty in stopping them. Gamma-rays are not stopped by the skin.

Plutonium is sometimes described in media reports as "the most toxic substance known to man"

When plutonium is absorbed into the body, ant takes a long time to go away after 200 years only half of it would go away.

The alpha radiation it emits does not penetrate the skin, but can irradiate internal organs when plutonium is inhaled or ingested. the bones are Particularly at risk, where it is likely to be absorbed by the bone surface, and the liver, where it will likely collect and buld up. the withstand able dose is extremely extremely small. Even Extremely fine particles of plutonium (on the order of micrograms) can cause lung cancer if inhaled

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

All atoms carry tremendous amounts of energy that hold them together. Certain radioactive atoms such as Uranium and Plutonium, are unstable, and can be broken down so to speak by introducing energy. When this happens, there is excess energy that activates the other atoms which causes a chain reaction that produces a massive amount of energy.

• 3 years ago

It would not sound that thank you to me. i could describe it extra as an "extreme warmth" or a "hearth" extremely than a scourge. i could say flesh replaced into extra in all risk to "burn" than to "rot." you're stretching your interpretation to the snapping factor. this is glaring that the author thought-approximately leprosy and then imagined one in each and every of those leprosy that acted/ killed directly. If the author had used the term "ICBM," or defined an extreme hearth like the solar that could desire to fly from one united states to a diverse in a huge tube, i could be inspired. Your occasion isn't spectacular interior the least.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they can blow a city to bits. kind of like the atomic bomb from World War II.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ask jerry lewis.

• 1 decade ago

We prefer that most people don't know how they work.

• 1 decade ago

they have potential to cause 'mass destruction' if ever found

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

when they go boom, you are no mo .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They go boom.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.