Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 decade ago

Remember paper flowers that "bloomed" in water from a clam shell? Know what they're called, where to find?

It was shortly after WW II, and I think they were a Japanese import. We used to put them in goldfish bowls (not with the tish) and they lasted a long time. Are they still around and where can I find them?

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes, I remember them, they were called "Clamshell Water Flowers", the small ones came in Cracker Jacks the big ones from a 5&10 cent store (now they call them Dollar Stores). I also found a guy selling them on eBay for $25 at RScott

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    I used to love those as a little girl.My grandmother used to buy them for me when I was small early 1960s at the five and dime store. i haven't seen them since then. I don't recall what they where called.I often think of them and wish I could find them

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.