Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 decade ago

Remember paper flowers that "bloomed" in water from a clam shell? Know what they're called, where to find?

It was shortly after WW II, and I think they were a Japanese import. We used to put them in goldfish bowls (not with the tish) and they lasted a long time. Are they still around and where can I find them?

Favorite Answer

Yes, I remember them, they were called "Clamshell Water Flowers", the small ones came in Cracker Jacks the big ones from a 5&10 cent store (now they call them Dollar Stores). I also found a guy selling them on eBay for $25 at http://cgi.ebay.com/Lge-CLAM-SHELL-Wonder-Flowers-... RScott

I used to love those as a little girl.My grandmother used to buy them for me when I was small early 1960s at the five and dime store. i haven't seen them since then. I don't recall what they where called.I often think of them and wish I could find them