Anonymous

How do I become a PeopleSoft consultant?

I spoke to someone in a waiting rm recently in a HUGE hospital who’d worked for PeopleSoft as a consultant a few yrs ago. I was SO excited because I’ve always wanted to learn more & do the same. We lost each other and, though I searched, I wasn’t able to find her. So here I am.

Does anyone know how I can get trained in PeopleSoft in order to become a consultant?

I have worked as HR manager for 9 yrs for a sm co in NYC and have had limited but positive experience with PS software. I want to learn more & I have a hunger to train others (which I am good at) on it, eventually learning to be involved in implementation.

This is a dream I have had for too long. And here’s one of the big problems when I reach out about it: I get a MILLION phone calls/emails trying to sell me on v. expensive indie schooling. And when you try to reach out to PeopleSoft/Oracle directly…they would rather not be bothered. I’m missing a lg piece of this puzzle. Can anyone advise? Thank you so much.

• JQT
    Favorite Answer

There are a number of ways to go about this

The easiest way might be working for a company who is implementing PeopleSoft HRMS. Given that you have an HR background, you could start as a functional analyst.

You could also approach consulting firms who are hiring HR experts to join their system implementation teams. They always need field experts who can help bridge the gap among managements, user groups and techies.

On your resume, emphasize your experience with particular industry (i.e. banking, financial, retail, government etc) if any. Also highlight your experience with PeopleSoft systems, and any other system implementation experience (any part of implementation life cycle).

The best place to start doing your search is the Oracle/PeopleSoft web site.

1. Check out their career page

2. They short listed a number of their clients who are using their systems. Some of these companies might be hiring HR experts with PS experience.

3. Oracle/PS web site also has a list of their partners. This list include companies who provide various PS implementation services - they range from from the Big 4 to a 10-person regional firm.

Best wishes.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Does anyone know...

Source(s): peoplesoft consultant: https://tr.im/oZ0Q9

What Does Peoplesoft Do

Here is one excellent blog on PeopleSoft Key concepts

http://peoplesoftconcept.blogspot.com