Can you recommend a North Carolina beach?

I'm visiting my Marine this weekend at Camp Lejeune, NC. Can anyone recommend a nice beach within an hour or so driving distance for a day trip? I looked at a map and here are some of the names I found: Surf City, Sneads Ferry, Cape Carteret, Emerald Isle, Bogue Sound, Pin Knoll Shores, Atlantic Beach, Beaufort.

We prefer a less populated, quieter beach, we love wildlife and clean, natural areas, and we're definitely not into clubbing. If you're familiar with the vicinity, I'd welcome your suggestions. Thanks!

Best Answer

Okracoke Island is accessible by ferry, and it is so secluded. You & your Marine would love the privacy. Shake his hand for me, tell 'em I appreciate his service. :-)

I looked up your Camp Lejeune on Google Earth and it seems a far distance from Nags Head. It's a shame too. Hatteras Island is a BEAUTIFUL place. I've been going down to Frisco (the southern end of it) for 20 years now, my parents for over 30. It's the only place I vacation and I'm all the way out in PA. It'll probably be too far away if your just looking for a day trip (unless you don't mind driving maybe 3 or 4 hours? I'm not sure) but if you ever get the chance to go, I highly suggest you do! :)

go to Nags Head. It's def. a laid back, quiet beach. It's not very populated and it's a great palce for families. Not a party beach. Just do a search for Nags Head. I'm not sure how far it is from Camp Lejeune, but you can look it up on mapquest.com.

• happ

Carolina coastline is a superb place to get married! we've acceptable seashores and there are distinctive amazing issues to do and notice right here, we've beautifull lodges and that i will Marry the two certainly one of you! I also have a lot of mind-blowing aspects inspect my website under and that i visit be happy to assist. Rev. Shannon Mackay

The 2ND best beach in the east. Myrtle Beach. Virginia beach is number one.

Nag's Head! I'm from Va Beach and we always vacation in Nag's Head :)