Can you recommend a North Carolina beach?

I'm visiting my Marine this weekend at Camp Lejeune, NC. Can anyone recommend a nice beach within an hour or so driving distance for a day trip? I looked at a map and here are some of the names I found: Surf City, Sneads Ferry, Cape Carteret, Emerald Isle, Bogue Sound, Pin Knoll Shores, Atlantic Beach, Beaufort.

We prefer a less populated, quieter beach, we love wildlife and clean, natural areas, and we're definitely not into clubbing. If you're familiar with the vicinity, I'd welcome your suggestions. Thanks!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Okracoke Island is accessible by ferry, and it is so secluded. You & your Marine would love the privacy. Shake his hand for me, tell 'em I appreciate his service. :-)

• 1 decade ago

I looked up your Camp Lejeune on Google Earth and it seems a far distance from Nags Head. It's a shame too. Hatteras Island is a BEAUTIFUL place. I've been going down to Frisco (the southern end of it) for 20 years now, my parents for over 30. It's the only place I vacation and I'm all the way out in PA. It'll probably be too far away if your just looking for a day trip (unless you don't mind driving maybe 3 or 4 hours? I'm not sure) but if you ever get the chance to go, I highly suggest you do! :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

go to Nags Head. It's def. a laid back, quiet beach. It's not very populated and it's a great palce for families. Not a party beach. Just do a search for Nags Head. I'm not sure how far it is from Camp Lejeune, but you can look it up on mapquest.com.

• happ
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Carolina coastline is a superb place to get married! we've acceptable seashores and there are distinctive amazing issues to do and notice right here, we've beautifull lodges and that i will Marry the two certainly one of you! I also have a lot of mind-blowing aspects inspect my website under and that i visit be happy to assist. Rev. Shannon Mackay

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The 2ND best beach in the east. Myrtle Beach. Virginia beach is number one.

• 1 decade ago

Nag's Head! I'm from Va Beach and we always vacation in Nag's Head :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.