Is it true that society finally accepts that a vegetarian diet is better than a meaty diet?

Life insurance is one of the more conservative and risk averse businesses and yet now life insurance companies are offering from 6% to 15% discount to vegetarians because they believe our diets are more healthy One life insurance company said: "The risk of vegetarians suffering from some cancers is reduced... show more Life insurance is one of the more conservative and risk averse businesses and yet now life insurance companies are offering from 6% to 15% discount to vegetarians because they believe our diets are more healthy

One life insurance company said:
"The risk of vegetarians suffering from some cancers is reduced by up to 40% and from heart disease by up to 30%"

and

"It said that despite the fact non-meat eaters are less likely to suffer from a range of chronic diseases, vegetarians do not pay less for their life cover and are therefore “subsidising” meat eaters."

Seems to me, the world is waking up.

Unfortunately if i post the link some meaty-trolls will report me for advertising. Perhaps google "life insurance vegetarian" if you are interested.
17 answers 17