Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

Makita or Milwaukee Cordless Hammer Drill?

I’m in the market for a new cordless hammer drill. Having read dozens of reviews and opinions, I’ve narrowed it down t either the:

- Makita 18V Li-ion 3 spd, or the

- Milwaukee 18V Li-ion 2 spd.

Which is better cordless drill…for regular trade use in tasks ranging from carpentry to small structural projects? Is the build quality similar?

Favorite Answer

im a milwakee fan myself, makita to me are built cheaply. if it was me I would buy the milwakee even if it is a few more dollars, or go dewalt, the two brands i like the most

All 3 are excellent ones. No drill will last if they are not properly taken care of. I use DeWalt myself. My decking gun is now over 25 years old. I have many battery powered devices and the battery is the weak point in any tool. That is why I still keep my AC powered tools for heavy duty work. If buying battery powered tools, buy the 18 volts and the one with the highest amperage rating. This will translate into extra torque. Also check out how much replacement batteries are. Some cost as much as buying a new tool. Check out This Old House, you will notice that Master Carpenters Norm and Tommy always have different brands of battery powered tools but the ones that plug in last for ever. Their advantage is the tool companies give then the tools if they just use it on the air. Herb

Milwaukee in long run.Good Hammer drill hard to find but you found one. Have had one 7y now an still going strong.

Source(s): 27y RE-Molding

both are crappy, now,, Makita was bought by Black and Decker I believe, neither is worth what it was years ago, when the name ment something,,,

I would still go with Makita, just because Lowes and Home Depot carry more stuff,

check on Ebay for deals,

ALWAYS spend a little more for the best--only because you never know what future jobs will come up and you wish you had the bigger equipment. You get what you pay for---and NEVER lend them out to anyone.